Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-07-2011, 07:28 PM   #16
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Well, I've graduated to email support with Witopia...no progress yet.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:32 PM   #17
friktion
Zealot
friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Sony 700, Kindle 3Wi-Fi, Skytex Primer 7", Kindle Fire
I'm not able to connect with Hide my ass either ... I can on my desktop but not on my Kobo ...
friktion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2011, 10:58 PM   #18
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Vox
Kobo guys....help?
cypherslock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:23 AM   #19
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
It occurred to me that Amazon market installs actually involve two steps. First, you install the Amazon app and from in the app you get the app you want. If that is actually how it works works, then having a VPN on the browser might not be enough.
This is true. I can get the app, using VPN, but all it does it open up the Amazon app and not the App itself.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:45 AM   #20
jefftheworld
Groupie
jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
This is true. I can get the app, using VPN, but all it does it open up the Amazon app and not the App itself.
Changing your DNS or proxy settings, or doing a transparent proxy would get around this since all your traffic - including traffic from various apps - would be sent through the US.
jefftheworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2011, 05:50 PM   #21
trek790
Enthusiast
trek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheese

Any news on this? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
Well, I've graduated to email support with Witopia...no progress yet.
trek790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:17 PM   #22
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry but no! At the rate of 1 email a night from them and 1 answer a day from me, it could be 2012 before they figure it out (if I'm lucky...)
Old 11-13-2011, 06:21 PM   #23
trek790
Enthusiast
trek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheese

Thanks for the update. I have this thread on subscription and when I get my Vox I may have to hammer on Witopia too!
trek790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:27 PM   #24
Cdesja5
Wizard

Please do! However I'm thinking it's the device itself that may be the problem. Kobo support may have to figure this one out...
Old 11-13-2011, 08:40 PM   #25
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I can now get Amazon apps, no VPN needed, on an Iconia tablet in Australia.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:53 PM   #26
Cdesja5
Wizard

That's great but can you watch Hulu? ;/
Old 11-13-2011, 11:22 PM   #27
Pushka
Wizard

No idea about hulu.

But try this:
unblock-us.com

Last edited by Pushka; 11-14-2011 at 01:20 AM.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:35 PM   #28
hieronymos
Groupie
hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.

The Amazon Appstore isn't bound to your location, but your credit card number.
Look at this: http://android.modaco.com/topic/3361...ing-paid-apps/
I'm using the Paypal Mastercard dummy as 1-click.

I actually already bought something, although I'm in Canada.
hieronymos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:17 PM   #29
Cdesja5
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hieronymos View Post
The Amazon Appstore isn't bound to your location, but your credit card number.
Look at this: http://android.modaco.com/topic/3361...ing-paid-apps/
I'm using the Paypal Mastercard dummy as 1-click.

I actually already bought something, although I'm in Canada.
We're not looking to get into the app store with the VPN, we want to use it to watch US and other countries' TV sites such Hulu etc. perhaps you should start a new thread about how to get into the Amazon appstore using your method? I know that in some other threads some persons were wanting to get access to paid apps.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:36 PM   #30
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
We're not looking to get into the app store with the VPN, we want to use it to watch US and other countries' TV sites such Hulu etc.
I think some of us want both . I know you worked hard on this, so I can understand why you want to separate the issues, but it seems ok to me to have them together or separate.

OTOH this technique will be lost in this thread and it is an important thing for a bunch of folks, I bet.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote