Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-01-2011, 09:26 AM   #1
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 Touch, Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad
May 2011 Webscription Thread

I know many of you guys are familiar with Webscriptions. One of the things they allow you to do is to gift a webscription to a new webscription member when you buy a month.

I purchased the May 2011 webscription earlier and sent it to my alt email address, so I have the code I will PM to the first person to reply here. This is my first time trying this, so I don't know if it will work with someone else using the code with a different email address, but I wanted to spread it around if possible.

Please reply here if you are interested and if the person I PM has it work, please pass it on down the list of other people that reply.

The books in the May Webscription are:

The Hot Gate by John Ringo (Sequel to Live Free or Die and Citadel)
Extremis by Steve White and Charles E. Gannon
Hard Magic: Book I of the Grimnoir Chronicles by Larry Correia
Korval's Game by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller
The Lotus Eaters by Tom Kratman
The Green Hills of Earth and The Menace from Earth by Robert A. Heinlein
Prescription for Chaos by Christopher Anvil and Eric Flint

Last edited by Ajax; 02-01-2011 at 09:28 AM.
Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:21 PM   #2
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I'd like to give it a try, thanks.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2011, 12:29 PM   #3
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent to you.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:07 PM   #4
tponzo
Addict
tponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 900(gave it to my sister); Sony PRS-T1; onyx book note air
I would like to try this if it works. Please let me know
tponzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:45 PM   #5
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Worked fine. Didn't even set up a new account, just used the promo code to order with my normal account. Sent along to the next in the chain, tponzo.

Anyone else wanting in, add your name to this thread, so he can put in his order.

Thanks Ajax.
Advert
Old 02-01-2011, 02:52 PM   #6
Ajax
Addict

That's great news!
Old 02-01-2011, 02:53 PM   #7
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Need to know a tad more about the websubscription program before I answer. I have examined the web site and I am not sure of how the program works.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:56 PM   #8
Ajax
Addict

When you make an order for a month, you pay the one-time fee and you get all of the books for that month. No subscriptions or other purchases required, and your books can be downloaded at any time.

During the ordering process it will ask you if you want to invite a person to get the same month's webscription for free. They will send an email to that person with a claim code to enter as part of the ordering process.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:05 PM   #9
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Hmm good sumary, sounds great for book worms, question is do I read enough to make it pay.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:09 PM   #10
koland
Grand Sorcerer

He left this out: if you add your name to any of the webscriptions chain threads, like this one, and ask to be included, YOU get that month for free, then, in turn, pass it on to the next person in the chain.

it works like this:
  1. add your name to the chain
  2. wait for a PM from previous person.
  3. send PM to next person, asking for their address; wait at this step until received
  4. get email from baen (check spam filters if not there).
  5. follow link, add code to order, start checkout, verifying that total is now zero.
  6. at step 5, add email address of next person and they carry on
  7. download all the books (in this case, you get a few now and each month and all by May).
Old 02-01-2011, 05:43 PM   #11
colinsky
Addict
colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
Looks like a good list of books-- I'll join the chain!
colinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:57 PM   #12
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
If the chain should make it this far, I'm interested!
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:55 AM   #13
Armor78154
Armor78154 is no ebook tyro.Armor78154 is no ebook tyro.Armor78154 is no ebook tyro.Armor78154 is no ebook tyro.Armor78154 is no ebook tyro.Armor78154 is no ebook tyro.Armor78154 is no ebook tyro.Armor78154 is no ebook tyro.Armor78154 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony Reader
Would Like to Participate

I tried getting in on the last Webscription, but there were some communication problems on my end, so it didn't work out.

I would like to participate if the chain is still open.
Armor78154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:00 AM   #14
adityadubey
Addict
adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Voyage
I'd love to participate if it's still live.
adityadubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:21 AM   #15
michelle2011
michelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Nook-Color, Nook Touch, Nook (semi)Tablet
Smile I would love the code too

I would love to have the code too.

I'm trying to convert my hubby from dead tree books to ebooks. He only reads Sci-Fi, And most of the authors he reads are from Baen books. I downloaded some of the free Baen books onto my NC yesterday, and he seemed impressed. Maybe this will help give him the push he needs to come to our side

Thanks
michelle2011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
webscription