Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-17-2010, 06:30 AM   #1
Susan Crealock
Online Novels
Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple iTouch
Free Sci-Fi novel at Starbucks - Hull Zero Three

Title: Hull Zero Three by Greg Bear.

This book is free at participating Starbucks from November 23 to December 7, provided by the Bookish Reading Club, Starbuck's reading program, with free books and samples available weekly. These books can be accessed at Starbucks with a laptop, smart phone, or Wi-Fi capable device.

Description: A starship hurtles through the emptiness of space. Its destination—unknown. Its purpose—a mystery. Its history—lost.

Now, one man wakes up. Ripped from a dream of a new home—a new planet and the woman he was meant to love in his arms—he finds himself, wet, naked, and freezing to death. The dark halls are full of monsters but trusting other survivors he meets might be the greater danger.

All he has are questions—Who is he? Where are they going? What happened to the dream of a new life? What happened to the woman he loved. What happened to Hull 03?

All will be answered, if he can survive. Uncover the mystery. Fix the ship. Find a way home.
Susan Crealock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:20 AM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I will have to get it. I'm a Greg Bear fan.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2010, 08:08 AM   #3
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
me, too.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:17 AM   #4
Flub
Groupie
Flub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel isFlub really knows where his or her towel is

Device: iPhone, PRS-505, K2i, iPad 64GB+3G, K3, Nexus S
Is the book actually available for sale? On Amazon UK the hardcover is 4-6 weeks and the Kindle version doesn't exist.

Flub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:18 AM   #5
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Any idea on the format or software required?

Edit: From the announcement, it's read in the store, only.

Last edited by koland; 11-17-2010 at 08:20 AM.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2010, 08:19 AM   #6
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none

Again the Big Pubs accomplish what indies cannot! I petitioned Starbucks to allow me to sell ebooks through their wifi-enabled stores over a year ago, and was always met with deaf ears.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:33 AM   #7
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan View Post

Again the Big Pubs accomplish what indies cannot! I petitioned Starbucks to allow me to sell ebooks through their wifi-enabled stores over a year ago, and was always met with deaf ears.
Are you really surprised?
Is it going to be worth their time trying to arrange deals with independents?
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:58 AM   #8
Susan Crealock
Online Novels
Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple iTouch
According to the publisher, Orbit, the full text will be available for free. If you have "access" to this material, does this mean it can only be read in the store? Does anyone know?
Susan Crealock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:15 AM   #9
atidball
Enthusiast
atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I think I've found out a little more. Starbucks is offering up to 4 books at a time. Each book is up for two weeks. Online reading only from the Starbucks in-store network.

Here's the link:http://www.bookishreadingclub.com/

Having to spend time in Starbucks is too high a price to pay for me.
atidball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:08 PM   #10
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
Cool

Even though I'm a regular at my local Starbux, I certainly wouldn't spend time, in or about, the store just to read one of their books. Plus I'd have to make plans to take either my laptop or iPad to the coffee shop, which I generally don't have either one with me, when I'm just going out for a mocha.
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:28 PM   #11
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
They also have a B1G1F on holiday drinks, tomorrow thru the 21st, I think. Which ends, of course, just before the reading period.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:52 PM   #12
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
It is a fun way to draw people in and promote their free wifi. Don't think it will last too long since some Starbucks never have space to sit as it is, but....
I do have to say that Starbucks is a friendly face with a consistent product when you travel internationally. Of course I'm also from Seattle and happen to like Starbuck coffee.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:54 PM   #13
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Well, that sucks, I'm not a Starbucks fan, never been the type for that kind of crowd (it seems to be a certain prudish type around Cincinnati anyway).....maybe if I lived in Seattle it would be easier to stay....the girls serve coffee in bikini's.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:50 PM   #14
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Smart idea, in-store only. I'm sure it'll move a few more coffees.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:56 PM   #15
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
maybe if I lived in Seattle it would be easier to stay....the girls serve coffee in bikini's.
Wow! never seen that! At Starbucks? Must be a competitor.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote