Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-26-2014, 04:13 PM   #151
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecell3000 View Post
improvements in the light control and pinch zoom.

tested: Kobo Glo, firmware 2.1.5, 3.1.1, 3.2.0, 3.3.0, 3.3.1, 3.5.0.

kernel source base:
https://github.com/giorgio130/linux-...obo-multitouch

search:
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/366
https://github.com/marek-g/kobo-kernel-2.6.35.3-marek

changes in source-kobomultitouch-cecell3000-v002.zip

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
So you finally nailed it? great!
Is it ok for you if I integrate your changes in github? it's better not to have patches scattered around... I would also make some minor changes.
I'm curious to find out what was the change that made the behavior like the aura and if your kernel is still compatible with koreader?
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 05:04 PM   #152
Cecell3000
Enthusiast
Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
So you finally nailed it? great!
Is it ok for you if I integrate your changes in github? it's better not to have patches scattered around... I would also make some minor changes.
I'm curious to find out what was the change that made the behavior like the aura and if your kernel is still compatible with koreader?
yes, you can integrate and change in github.
I tested in the koreader, and works normally (single touch).
Cecell3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:45 AM   #153
Joques
Addict
Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: Kobo Glo
Cecell3000, I got it and it works perfectly. Thanks!

I installed it on top of the previous version, since the uninstall file for some reason didn't work. Do you think that will cause future problems?
Joques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 05:28 AM   #154
Cecell3000
Enthusiast
Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cecell3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joques View Post
Cecell3000, I got it and it works perfectly. Thanks!

I installed it on top of the previous version, since the uninstall file for some reason didn't work. Do you think that will cause future problems?
can install without problem.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:31 AM   #155
Joques
Addict
Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Great! Very nice to have fine control back again. Thanks again!
Old 08-27-2014, 07:21 AM   #156
Joques
Addict

This is a crazy coincidence, but in the new FW 3.7.0 two-finger light adjustment is built right into the firmware. It's a box you check in the Reading settings.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:43 AM   #157
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joques View Post
This is a crazy coincidence, but in the new FW 3.7.0 two-finger light adjustment is built right into the firmware. It's a box you check in the Reading settings.
I would say that nickel is checking if the kernel supports the light and two finger touch. The 3.7.0 package only has kernels for the Aura and Aura H20, so if you installed this on the Glo, it is still using the same kernel as before.

It's a good option, but it will be interesting to see what is in the next firmware for the different devices
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:37 AM   #158
Joques
Addict

Like I said in the other thread, clean 3.7 on Aura HD does not show these menu options - they only appear with Cecell3000's hack installed. Very curious :-)
Old 08-27-2014, 06:10 PM   #159
Cecell3000
Enthusiast

Firmware 3.7.0 H2O in Kobo Glo

installed firmware 3.7.0 in kobo Glo and observed that is possible light control without multitouch kernel, using a single-finger on the left side of the screen, but frame(edge) hinders.

but has as improve,
I observed new options to add to file ".kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf"

are these: in the session [Reading]

light control all over the the screen with a single-finger (do not need multitouch kernel)
SwipeSide=false

traditional light control with two-fingers (multitouch kernel required)
swipeBrightness=true

pinch zoom (multitouch kernel required)
pinchToZoom=true

example, if using 2 options:
Code:
[Reading]
SwipeSide=false
pinchToZoom=true

maybe there better way, I have no experience with "Kobo eReader.conf"

sorry English (google translator)
Old 08-27-2014, 08:49 PM   #160
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
installed firmware 3.7.0 in kobo Glo and observed that is possible light control without multitouch kernel, using a single-finger on the left side of the screen, but frame(edge) hinders.
I have 3.8.0 on my Glo. I find running my finger against the left bezel works very well to adjust the light.
Quote:
but has as improve,
I observed new options to add to file ".kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf"

are these: in the session [Reading]

light control all over the the screen with a single-finger (do not need multitouch kernel)
SwipeSide=false
I'l have to try that. But, I think I like the fact that accidentally swiping elsewhere on the screen won't do anything.
Quote:

traditional light control with two-fingers (multitouch kernel required)
swipeBrightness=true

pinch zoom (multitouch kernel required)
pinchToZoom=true

example, if using 2 options:
Code:
[Reading]
SwipeSide=false
pinchToZoom=true

maybe there better way, I have no experience with "Kobo eReader.conf"
Yes, that is the correct way to do it. Though the "Reading" section will probably already be there and the other two lines should be added in the section after it. And make sure you use a Unix line-end aware editor. DO NOT use Notepad.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 04:19 AM   #161
erikssenmar867
Connoisseur
erikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
So is it possible to run the multitouch hack on 3.8.0?
erikssenmar867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:33 AM   #162
Joques
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikssenmar867 View Post
So is it possible to run the multitouch hack on 3.8.0?
You don't need it; 3.8 has its own light slider: one finger along the left edge of the screen turns it up and down.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:42 AM   #163
erikssenmar867
Connoisseur
erikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Ok but I am also interested in pinch to zoom feature...
erikssenmar867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:18 PM   #164
Cecell3000
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikssenmar867 View Post
Ok but I am also interested in pinch to zoom feature...
multitouch hack works on 3.8.0.
but the pinch zoom function is hidden in Kobo Glo,
to activate is need edit file ".kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf" and add pinchToZoom=true in section [Reading] (use notepad++)
Code:
[Reading]
pinchToZoom=true
in koboAuraHD may not be necessary edit file.
I think in the koboAuraHD after installing multitouch, new options appears in Reading Settings.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:24 PM   #165
guti
guti read the news today, oh boy.guti read the news today, oh boy.guti read the news today, oh boy.guti read the news today, oh boy.guti read the news today, oh boy.guti read the news today, oh boy.guti read the news today, oh boy.guti read the news today, oh boy.guti read the news today, oh boy.guti read the news today, oh boy.guti read the news today, oh boy.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2, Kobo Aura HD, Tolino Vision 4, Kobo Forma
Quote:
in koboAuraHD may not be necessary edit file.
I think in the koboAuraHD after installing multitouch, new options appears in Reading Settings.
Yes, I can confirm it.
guti is offline   Reply With Quote