Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-23-2014, 01:17 PM   #1
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Louise Glück - Kindle Edition - Finally!

Poetry fans are well aware of the huge lag in bringing major poets' work to ebook editions. I've been waiting impatiently for Louise Glück's works to appear as ebooks - she's been a favorite of mine ever since I discovered her poetry.

You can now pre-order Poems 1962-2012 - her massive (665 page) collected works for ONLY $8.89.

http://www.amazon.com/Poems-1962-201...s=Louise+Gluck

You can also pre-order her newest volume:

http://www.amazon.com/Faithful-Virtu...s=Louise+Gluck

I find the pricing for the collected works volume staggering! [Derek Walcott's Collected Poems is selling for $19.99 on Amazon]. So if you are a poetry fan, snap up this pre-order to lock in that low price!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:20 AM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
My pre-ordered copy arrived this morning - I had a brief look at it - the formatting seems to be faultless!

Glück is known for using short lines of varying lengths, as well as inserting white space within a poem, so I was apprehensive how this would 'translate' onto the digital page. I will examine this book more closely tonight, but I have to say "Well done!".
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote