Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-21-2009, 09:33 PM   #1
europas_ice
Groupie
europas_ice doesn't littereuropas_ice doesn't littereuropas_ice doesn't litter

Device: iPhone 11 (Kindle app & iBooks)
Question backing up books on the 500

I'm trying to back up the books on my 500 before I ship it off to get the firmware upgrade. When I use the usb cable to connect it to my mac it doesn't come up as a drive. When I use the usb cable to connect it to the windows computer (which I hardly ever use) it shows up in the ebook software but not as a drive on the computer (that I can tell). I really just want to snag the files off the reader and store them somewhere, but I can't tell how to do that. I was trying to avoid using the ebook software. If I have to use it -- how can I tell where the software stores the files so I can put them somewhere safe? And how do I get the files from the reader into the ebook software? My windows computer seems to have lost the original book files but still knows the titles and stuff. I don't want to push "sync" and suddenly have it delete all the books off my reader!
europas_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:06 AM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
The Ebook library software typically stores your files in "My Documents/My Books".

If you open Ebook Library and connect your reader then you can drag and drop the contents of your reader to the Ebook Library.
You can view the file path to see where they are. But the default location is My Documents/My Books.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert