Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-31-2009, 05:59 AM   #1
Jürgen Hubert
Enthusiast
Jürgen Hubert will become famous soon enoughJürgen Hubert will become famous soon enoughJürgen Hubert will become famous soon enoughJürgen Hubert will become famous soon enoughJürgen Hubert will become famous soon enoughJürgen Hubert will become famous soon enough

Device: iRex 1000S
Thwarted by the iRex Shop!

Today I got my monthly wages, and wanted to use them to buy the iRex 1000S from the iRex shop. I wanted to hurry so that maybe I would have a chance of getting the device within a week so that I could take it with me when I visit my parents.

But when I clicked my way through the ordering process, it switched to a different website for the actual payment verification. I had checked that I wanted to pay via credit card, but for some reason the site refused to accept the data I had entered without further explanation. So I clicked on "back to the shop" to change my payment modus to PayPal - but before I could do that, I noticed that my order is listed as "payment processing", and there seems to be no way of altering that order in any way - and I am afraid of placing a new order in the worry that I might get it twice.

I sent off an email to the customer support of the store and requested to cancel the order so that I could try again. That was a few hours ago, and as further hours pass without response I see my odds of getting it in time dwindling...

Have any of you had similar problems with the iRex Shop?
Jürgen Hubert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:31 AM   #2
yingwu
Addict
yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: 1000s
Yes, exactly the same problem with you two weeks ago. Don't worry. Your current status, "payment processing" means you make an order without payment. In such an situation, the status can not be changed but the order can be regarded as being canceled and no money is withdrawn from your account. Just make another order again. I confirm this from the Irex service.
yingwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2009, 07:25 AM   #3
SplogSplog
Connoisseur
SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Irex DR1000S
Having heard similar stories about the iRex site, I decided to use their UK distributor (Libresco) instead. My order was confirmed immediately and the DR1000S was sent that same day!

Since I live in the Czech Republic it took three days to arrive. Having ordered on a Tuesday afternoon, then, the device was in my hands by the Friday morning!

Overall, I was delighted with the service from Libresco and recommend them highly. Here is their website: http://www.iliadreader.co.uk/
SplogSplog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:09 AM   #4
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Aura H2O, Glo HD, Paperwhite, PRS-950
@Jürgen
when you order from germany - use justread.de.
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:47 PM   #5
tjzeeman
tjzeeman began at the beginning.

Device: DR 1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jürgen Hubert View Post
Have any of you had similar problems with the iRex Shop?
Do keep in mind it is a Friday and what timezone iRex is in. By the time your mail went to the top of their to-do list, it could be after business hours for them.
tjzeeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2009, 12:53 AM   #6
Jürgen Hubert
Enthusiast
Jürgen Hubert will become famous soon enoughJürgen Hubert will become famous soon enoughJürgen Hubert will become famous soon enoughJürgen Hubert will become famous soon enoughJürgen Hubert will become famous soon enoughJürgen Hubert will become famous soon enough

Device: iRex 1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by yingwu View Post
Yes, exactly the same problem with you two weeks ago. Don't worry. Your current status, "payment processing" means you make an order without payment. In such an situation, the status can not be changed but the order can be regarded as being canceled and no money is withdrawn from your account. Just make another order again. I confirm this from the Irex service.
Thanks for that information. I re-ordered it yesterday, and the new order has been upgraded to "Preparing for dispatch" at midnight.

A question for other people living in Europe - how long does it take to arrive after this stage? I hope it helps that I live in Aachen - just across the border from the Netherlands...
Jürgen Hubert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 05:18 AM   #7
yingwu
Addict
yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: 1000s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jürgen Hubert View Post
Thanks for that information. I re-ordered it yesterday, and the new order has been upgraded to "Preparing for dispatch" at midnight.

A question for other people living in Europe - how long does it take to arrive after this stage? I hope it helps that I live in Aachen - just across the border from the Netherlands...

Nearly one day and then you have the tracking number. I think 5 working days is enough.
yingwu is offline   Reply With Quote