Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-29-2008, 11:14 AM   #1
mjm2705
mjm2705 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Issues Sending Content to Device with Recent Versions

Before the past 2 revisions of Calibre (0.4.018 & 019) I used to be able to connect my PRS-505, click [Fetch News] and then one by one select the feeds that I wanted to download. As each feed was downloaded, it would then be automatically transferred to my device ... a bit clunky but things worked.

With the recent versions (and the subsequent change of interface for news) any downloaded content does not appear on my device and indeed, doesn't even appear to be included in my library!!!!

In the last 3 days, I have had to download feeds one by one, then manually go through [Add Books] to get the content into my library, then manually [Send to Device].

I appreciate that there appears to be some nice things about the new interface (I haven't tested auto downloads yet) but, for me anyway, the issue getting content to the device is a backward step.

Any known issue here?

mjm2705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 01:15 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Are you saying that after clicking Download Now and waiting for the download and conversion to complete the feed doesn't show up in your library?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2008, 01:31 PM   #3
moosejons_dad
Zealot
moosejons_dad began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Readers PRS-500 exchanged by Sony for PRS-600, PRS-505,IPAD3,mini
Tt might be that MJM is not waiting the full 24 hours before the automatic download can kick in.. Is it possible to reduce the waiting time to be less than 24 hours so that anyone who is not on a time schedule can download their newspapers etc. when they want..perhaps reducing the 24 hours to 18 might due the trick..
moosejons_dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 02:49 PM   #4
scwehrl
scwehrl began at the beginning.

Device: prs505
Agree that download going straight to device has changed, but every time it *seems* that something hasn't been added to the library if I click Reset Quick Search (just to left of Configuration) the missing items pop up. Some kind of screen refresh quirk? I'm still very much a newby, but that's what I think I've observed.
scwehrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 06:09 PM   #5
mjm2705
mjm2705 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Are you saying that after clicking Download Now and waiting for the download and conversion to complete the feed doesn't show up in your library?
That’s right ... the list of library content isn’t updated following the download and conversion of the feeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scwehrl View Post
Agree that download going straight to device has changed, but every time it *seems* that something hasn't been added to the library if I click Reset Quick Search (just to left of Configuration) the missing items pop up. Some kind of screen refresh quirk? I'm still very much a newby, but that's what I think I've observed.
OOOh, just tried that and its the same for me ... I tested downloading just one feed, nothing, clicked the “Reset Quick Search” and it appeared.

I still have to manually “send to device” that I didn’t have to before.

So, 2 “issues” for resolution:

- Why doesn’t downloaded feeds appear in the library list without a “Reset Quick Search”
- Why no auto upload to the device that used to work perfectly?

If that can be fixed and the auto download feature works then the only thing missing for me is the option to set a batch of feeds to download and send to device with one click.
mjm2705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert