Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-24-2011, 04:02 PM   #1
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
"Free" booksites help query.

Hi - I've a question to ask about what is and what isn't OK to use .

I have found a site that I'm wary of - I don't think it's one I'd feel happy using, and would appreciate some advice.

I'll quite understand if Moderators delete the following :-

read-online-ebooks.blogspot.com
( Or indeed if they delete the whole thread and send me a message ! )

I'm very new to this ebook lark, and am thrilled with it, and the notion of free books especially - particularly as Andrew Carnegie must be turning in his grave at the current cuts to libraries in the UK,for example, and would probably back ebooks thoroughly.

So, what do the Moderators think ? I would rather not take money from artists, but it is very tempting when one sees some "offers" - I'm not talking about reputable sites that Mobileread recommends, of course.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:05 PM   #2
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
This is one of many similar "warez" sites. If you don't delete the link yourself I'm sure one of the mods will in due course.

Last edited by rogue_librarian; 02-24-2011 at 04:14 PM.
rogue_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:12 PM   #3
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_librarian View Post
This is one of many similar "warez" sites. If you don't delete the link yoruself I'm sure one of the mods will in due course.

It looks like a normal blog, but the trick is where the files themselves are hosted - I won't state the name here, but it's a filesharing/hosting site that's developed a bit of a reputation for spyware, adware, and probably worse.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote