Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-15-2012, 01:33 PM   #61
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyLA View Post
The alignment/justification "fix" works on the $79 Kindle with Special Offers. Of course, the first book I looked at after I made the fix is hard-coded for full justification, but another I checked is now blessedly left aligned/ragged right.
This is great news, Libby! Thanks for letting us know!

Rob
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:12 PM   #62
Gearhead
Enthusiast
Gearhead began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, PRS505
I'm unable to find the reader.pref file on the new Kindle PW. Has anyone found a way to enable left justification on the new Kindle PW?
Gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2012, 07:37 PM   #63
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Gearhead: That's because it isn't there on the Touch/PW. Can't do it on a vanilla device on these models.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:52 PM   #64
misojogi
Enthusiast
misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.misojogi knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS -500, Sony PRS505, Kindle3, Kindle DXG, Prestigio
plese
what can I open in Kindle DXG ?
I need for pdf open in Aa
lightest lighter dark darker darkest

In menu Kondle DXG isnt this posibility

what can I wright in reader.pref in Kindle DXG?
misojogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:35 PM   #65
DRW44
DRW44 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
The system folder is not showing up for me.

I have an Amazon Kindle Touch, I am not sure what model it is, and it all of a sudden in the middle of one of my books center justified all the text. Everything before that point is left justified everything after that point is center justified. Unfortunately I cannot find the system/com.amazon.ebook.booklet.reader/reader.pref at all even when I applied the show all hidden files option and searched for it like is recommended for windows users and made sure my Kindle is on the home screen. However I am not entirely sure where to start looking the only com.amazon files that i am finding are:
E:\.active_content\com.amazon.kindle.ns.widgets.En dActions
E:\.active_content\com.amazon.kindle.ns.widgets.XR AY
E:\.active_content_sandbox\com.amazon.kindle.ns.wi dgets.AuthorProfile
E:\.active_content_sandbox\com.amazon.kindle.ns.wi dgets.EndActions
E:\.active_content_sandbox\com.amazon.kindle.ns.wi dgets.Goto
Can you give me any advice to what I am doing wrong or if I'm looking in the wrong place? I have tried looking both in the windows explorer search bar and on the kindle itself for that file.
DRW44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2014, 05:56 PM   #66
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Again, the method mentioned in the first post is not applicable to your device.

That said, a hint: I very strongly suspect that the fault lies in the book, not the system.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:01 AM   #67
casey2
casey2 inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.casey2 inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.casey2 inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.casey2 inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.casey2 inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.casey2 inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.casey2 inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.casey2 inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.casey2 inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.casey2 inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.casey2 inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Anyone know if this works on K5?
casey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 12:09 AM   #68
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@casey2: See previous reply (spoiler: yep: nope).
Old 08-15-2015, 05:43 PM   #69
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Ok, to the person who proposed that after modifying this config file, one should not do anything on the Kindle and should restart immediately... for the changes to stick. You are right. The reason is that: there is default values for these which are drawn from /opt/amazon/ebook/prefs/com.amazon.ebook.booklet.reader/reader.pref.default.

On my DX they are:

Spoiler:
VERSION = 2
LAST_BOOK_READ =
FONT_SIZE = 21
# the dictionary name should be from the metadata, it has nothing to do with the filename
DICTIONARY = The New Oxford American Dictionary
JUSTIFICATION = full
HORIZONTAL_MARGIN = 40
ALLOW_JUSTIFICATION_CHANGE = false
ALLOW_TWO_COLUMN_VIEW = false
ALLOW_ARTICLE_THUMBNAIL = false
ALLOW_READING_INDICATOR = false
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hacks