Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-02-2010, 12:14 PM   #1
Virag
Virag began at the beginning.

Device: ipaq handheld, laptop, Sony prs 505, iPhone
Has anyone else had issues with buying prc ext. ebooks from Fictionwise?

Hello, has anyone else had issues purchasing books with the prc (mobi?) format from Fictionwise over this weekend? They were kind enough to refund my money very quickly and withdrew the format from the titles of the books. I went over to Books on Board and found that those same titles didn't have mobi/prc format available either. Unfortunately Fictionwise didn't answer my question of whether this format would be available soon for these books. Is this something that happens often or is something up with mobipocket servers in general? Just curious. Thanks.
Virag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:57 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You could buy in ePub, strip the DRM and convert to Mobipocket using Calibre
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2010, 01:40 PM   #3
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
What was wrong with them?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:41 PM   #4
Virag

I checked and they aren't offered in epub.:< I'd actually read them on another device if they were. They have ereader and microsoft reader. I just found it odd that they were offered originally with all three then prc was withdrawn. Fictionwise is usually pretty good about having either prc or epub.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:54 PM   #5
Virag

It said there was an internal server error with Mobipocket and wouldn't go to the download.
Advert