Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 03:59 AM   #46
odo
Connoisseur
odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Inside Straight, edited by George R.R. Martin, $2.99 at several retailers (and couponable at Kobo).
Old 10-09-2013, 11:05 AM   #47
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Asimov's SF & Analog SFF Bundle Subscription

B&N are oferring 2-for-1 bundles on Magazine subscriptions. One of the oferred bundles is for Asimov's SF and Analog SFF.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/asim...=2940146854816

Only $2.99 per month for both magazines!

Offf to see if I can get it in the UK. I'm currently subscribed through Amazon, but this would cut my cost in half, and get it back at the level I was paying in Fictionwise days.
Advert
Old 10-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #48
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Yeah, I saw that... wondering if I can cancel my subscriptions and subscribe to the bundle.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:40 PM   #49
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
Yeah, I saw that... wondering if I can cancel my subscriptions and subscribe to the bundle.
I was thinking of cancelling my subscriptions, anyway, since there isn't any financial advantage to subscribing at their regular prices.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #50
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
The bundle seems to be a single subscription to both. If I was subscribed at B&N, that's what I'd do. You might duplicate the current month's issues, but after just a couple of months you'll be up on the deal.

I just wish they'd offer that at the UK site!
Advert
Old 10-09-2013, 03:09 PM   #51
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
The bundle seems to be a single subscription to both. If I was subscribed at B&N, that's what I'd do. You might duplicate the current month's issues, but after just a couple of months you'll be up on the deal.

I just wish they'd offer that at the UK site!
The bundle has the following text at the bottom:

Quote:
Note: Your first issue of Analog Science Fiction and Fact will be delivered on October 11th.
I wonder if that's the date of the next issue's release.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:57 PM   #52
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
I wonder if I were to buy the current issues today, whether I would get the November issues or if I'd get the December issues twice. In clicking on it, I guess I'd get the December issues twice. I wonder why B&N won't deduct the subscription cost from my credit card.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:31 AM   #53
odo
Connoisseur
odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I'm not sure if it has been pointed out before, but Old Man's War and The Ghost Brigades have a reduced price at some retailers (around $3) and are couponable at Kobo. Be careful, though: there are at least two different editions of both books and only one of them has the reduced price tag.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:44 AM   #54
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Today's UK-only Sainsbury ebook 99p offering features the Hunger Games Trilogy for £0.99 each.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:43 AM   #55
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Paul, thanks for this - and now discovered Sainsbury's book club !
More books to put on the eshelf ........

(Pretty good monthly selections @ 99p altogether, actually, a good find.)
Old 10-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #56
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
The Robert Sheckley Megapack: 15 Classic Science Fiction Stories [Kindle Edition] Robert Sheckley $0.99

Quote:
Publication Date: June 11, 2013
The Robert Sheckley Megapack presents 14 short stories and 1 novel by the author Neil Gaiman called "probably the best short-story writer during the '50s to the mid-1960s working in any field." Here are tales of adventure in strange futures, full of the wry wit and piercing characterizations that made Sheckley one of the great writers working in science fiction!

"Robert Sheckley: the best short-story writer the field has produced." — Alan Dean Foster

"I had no idea the competition was so terrifyingly good." — Douglas Adams

Included in this volume are:

Spoiler:

WATCHBIRD

THE STATUS CIVILIZATION

ASK A FOOLISH QUESTION

COST OF LIVING

BAD MEDICINE

DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY

WARRIOR RACE

THE HOUR OF BATTLE

KEEP YOUR SHAPE

WARM

DEATH WISH

BESIDE STILL WATERS

FOREVER

THE LEECH

ONE MAN'S POISON

And don't forget to search this ebook store for "Wildside Megapack" to see many more entries in this series, covering science fiction, fantasy, mysteries, westerns, classics, and much, much more!
Old 10-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #57
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by odo View Post
I'm not sure if it has been pointed out before, but Old Man's War and The Ghost Brigades have a reduced price at some retailers (around $3) and are couponable at Kobo. Be careful, though: there are at least two different editions of both books and only one of them has the reduced price tag.
I would get Old Man's War at that price, but unfortunately it's not available in the Canadian store. At least I can't find it anywhere. When I search for it I just get all the other books in the series, but not Old Man's War.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #58
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy_k View Post
While looking at the Elantris deal at Diesel, found the Mistborn trilogy on sale for $7.83

Diesel

This boxed set contains:
Mistborn
The Well of Ascension
The Hero of Ages
I'd like to see the box this eBook comes in.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:14 AM   #59
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by odo View Post
The Coyote Kings - Book One: Space-Age Bachelor Pad, by Minister Faust, free at Amazon until the 9th. The book was a finalist for the Philip K. Dick Award, the Locus Best First Novel Award and the Compton-Crook Award.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0056HH5HI/
No longer free.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:17 AM   #60
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post
The Robert Sheckley Megapack: 15 Classic Science Fiction Stories [Kindle Edition] Robert Sheckley $0.99
I suspect that this only contains stories from Peoject Gutenberg that are out of copyright in the US, because of their arcane copyright rules.

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/author/2960

probably has all the stories for free, for our American members.
Closed Thread