Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-01-2013, 12:13 PM   #1
shallowless
shallowless began at the beginning.

Device: none
thinking about i62

hello everyone!

im deciding to buy my first reader. finally, i think i62 would be most suitable for me, for its functions and price

but as it comes from a chinese company, i have a little worry about the quality, whether it is as good as it is described.
does it always freeze? the touch response quick enough? some reviews said it greatly depends on the temperature. can it connect to the internet? although using wifi is not the most important function as a reader, some users complain about the wifi function as totally useless.

im choosing between i62 and iriver story hd, but i will probably go for i62. thanks in advance!
shallowless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #2
Ayla7
Connoisseur
Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD
Hi!

I bought my Onyx Boox i62HD from ereader-store [1] and I'm very very happy with my purchase. Booxtor, from ereader-store, is an active user in this forum, and usually participates helping the users and providing firmware updates. In fact, he provided a new update some days ago and is working in a new one with more new features, like multitasking.

About the quality, I think it's good. The screen is HD, and has a very good contrast and resolution, and the touch screen is very responsive. I doesn't look or feel cheapish (I don't know a good word in English, but I hope you understand what I mean. It looks robust). About freezing, it used to freeze sometimes but I think that from the last firmware updates that has improved. And yes, you can connect to the Internet, but in my experience an eink reader is not the better device to surf. However, wifi is nice to check the email or download files from Dropbox, for example.

Another thing to highlight would be the capabilities for reading pdf, to crop margins, read multicolumn pdfs... Really good!

Hope that helps.

[1] http://ereader-store.de/en/onyx-boox...oft-touch.html
Ayla7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2013, 02:08 PM   #3
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
If budget isn't a problem I'd suggest going with the Firefly, one doesn't imagine needing an illuminated screen until he experiences it. You can never go back
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:19 PM   #4
apgimenez
apgimenez began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayo View Post
If budget isn't a problem I'd suggest going with the Firefly, one doesn't imagine needing an illuminated screen until he experiences it. You can never go back
I agree with you. Illuminated screen is a really big advance and makes reading even more pleasant.
apgimenez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:47 AM   #5
shallowless
shallowless began at the beginning.

Device: none
thank you all!!
i really appreciate it
thanks for answering my questions clearly and giving suggestions
make me feel confidence in Boox
shallowless is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert