Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-13-2014, 10:14 AM   #526
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Strange. Look like corrupted installation. I got few questions:
- What Windows you use? 32 or 64 bit?
- What antivirus you have?

Try completely remove KCC directory and re-install it from scratch.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:21 AM   #527
almuric
almuric began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I have 64 windows 8.1 and Microsfot security essential.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled but still the same error .
I used the revo uninstaller to uninstall and clean registry and remains, reinstalled and still the same error.
Version 3.7.2 that I still keep working.
It gave me an error 4.0.1 also, but 4.0.2 worked me.
Any idea?
almuric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2014, 10:26 AM   #528
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

4.0.1 had the same error? That is ever more strange as it used other packing solution.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:36 AM   #529
almuric

I really do not know if it was the same error, and would not let me start it gave me a series of errors in python, i was using the 3.7.2
When I saw the upgrade to 4.0.2 download and saw that it worked and I did not give it more importance, I thought it would be some error of my pc
Old 06-13-2014, 10:55 AM   #530
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Well I'm quite sure that is some very rare problem on your end. Sadly I don't know what is wrong.

Try those two versions:
http://pawelj.iosphe.re/Shared/dist_64.zip
http://pawelj.iosphe.re/Shared/dist.zip
Advert
Old 06-13-2014, 11:11 AM   #531
almuric

Nothing. I get the same error message.
Thanks for the help anyway, if anyone has the binary version 4.0.2 and you can also share to see if that gives me error, and see if it's my computer that's wrong, I would be grateful
Old 06-13-2014, 11:13 AM   #532
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

http://kcc.iosphe.re/Windows/KindleC..._win_4.0.2.exe
Old 06-13-2014, 12:03 PM   #533
almuric

ok.. is my computer.. i dont know why but now the versión 4.0.2 send me this message

Last edited by almuric; 06-13-2014 at 12:05 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:05 PM   #534
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

You have problem with registry.

Clean it with this: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb897448.aspx
Old 06-14-2014, 04:48 PM   #535
maikbey
maikbey began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hi, I have been using kcc for a while now, but there is one thing which bothers me.

The Kobo Aura HD displays an unremovable footer on its epub pages, which is a problem for manga and has probably nothing to do with kcc itself. However epub is the only way to ensure that pages are in order when you use a directory with multiply chapters of manga in one.

Here is a image summary: http://imgur.com/a/NV0o2

If I use conversion to cbz and all image files of chapters have the same name (e.g the are all numbered 1-30 per chapter) it messes up the way it is sorted, but only when reading with the kobo aura HD itself.

After some investigation, I found out that the kobo aura reads files in a weird way:
1. scan all folders
2. start with picture 1.jpg of folder chapter_1
3. go to 1.jpg of folder chapter_2
4. go to 1.jpg of folder chapter_3
5. go to 2.jpg of folder chapter_1
6. go to 2.jpg of folder chapter_2
7. ...

So it shows me all 1.jpg from all folders before going to 2.jpg. That way reading manga properly by volume does not work and requires to convert each chapter individually and select the next chapter manually. That is, because kcc bundles a mangavolumes in a way that it has chapterfolders zipped in the .cbz file: http://imgur.com/VdppGaM

-

Alright, so this is the problem with using the "Add Directory" method for bundling a manga volume into one cbz file. In order to fix it I would read each folder individually, take the image file, name it 0001.jpg or so, take the next and name it 0002.jpg and so on. Lets say chapte rone has only 30 images, so the last one is called 0030.jpg.

After the chapter is done you go to the second folder and rename the first file of it into 0031.jpg and so on. If you put all files into one cbz file without subfolders, you end up with hundreds of imagefiles, numbered and without subfolders.

That way the Kobo Aura HD does only have to count images and not deal with folders. Sort of like this: http://imgur.com/ExbN63X

-

I hope you can implement this easily and add some sort of checkbox or so, because this is the only thing which bothers me as Kobo Aura HD user. Regardless, thanks for reading my novel.
maikbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:52 PM   #536
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

All CBZ order problems are caused by broken CBZ reader software. I have multiple reports that using any other CBZ reader is solution for this problem.

This is Kobo firmware bug and I can't do anything with it.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 06-14-2014 at 04:54 PM.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:03 PM   #537
maikbey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
This is Kobo firmware bug and I can't do anything with it.
The thing is, if there are no subfolders and only imagefiles in the .cbz , the bugged cbz reader can read them. That is why i mentioned this issue. If kcc could sort them in a way which does not require folders, it could be read properly even on kobo aura hds cbz viewer.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:17 PM   #538
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Well to be frank - I'm not convinced this issue is worth my time.

Kobo default reader is only known to me CBZ reader that fail to process CBZ directories. Even unusable half-broken CBZ reader in newer Kindle models can do that.

Thank you for your research but my official position remains unchanged - Use other CBZ reader software. I don't have KOBO myself so I can't recommend you any.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:44 PM   #539
maikbey

I guess then I can only hope for a change of heart or kobo fixing the issue. To whom it may concern, there is a program called "Advanced Renamer" which can rename files from seperate folders into one stream of incrementing numbers. If you apply that rename before using kcc it works with the bugged kobo aura hd reader.

I wish I would know how to program in Python.
Old 06-18-2014, 03:25 AM   #540
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

After further consideration I decided to overhaul Kobo support and force renumber of image files.

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools