Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-16-2011, 09:27 AM   #1
Algiedi
Overenthusiastic Noob
Algiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
[Old Thread] cbc to mobi TOC problem

Hello everyone!

I've been trying to make some Kindle-ready manga with Mangle and Calibre, and so far everything's working fine except for one problem (the same that this person faced before):

Calibre creates second-level links under each chapter for all the pages.

kovidgoyal answered the post linked above by advising the use of the TOC filter, but I have no idea how exactly.

How can I just get the chapter titles, and get rid of those pesky page-by-page links in my TOC?
Algiedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:58 AM   #2
AlienCowThatMoos
AlienCowThatMoos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algiedi View Post
Hello everyone!

I've been trying to make some Kindle-ready manga with Mangle and Calibre, and so far everything's working fine except for one problem (the same that this person faced before):

Calibre creates second-level links under each chapter for all the pages.

kovidgoyal answered the post linked above by advising the use of the TOC filter, but I have no idea how exactly.

How can I just get the chapter titles, and get rid of those pesky page-by-page links in my TOC?
Type "Page" in the TOC filter field. All the one page chapters are called "Page _" so this will filter all of them. Just don't have any real chapters with the word "Page" in them.
AlienCowThatMoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2013, 04:24 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
AlienCowThatMoos Welcome to MobileRead.

I know you are just helping out and I encourage you to share the knowledge you gain using calibre with others on the board. But calibre is updated about once a week and there have been approximately 100 version updates since this message was posted. While I have no doubt the answer you supplied will work ...

Moderator Notice
This thread is almost two years old. As a general rule of thumb Do Not resurrect threads that have been dormant for more than 6 months. When in doubt create a new thread.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-12-2013 at 04:31 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:32 AM   #4
AlienCowThatMoos
AlienCowThatMoos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thumbs up

No offense, but this is the thread that comes up when you google this problem. And there is nothing more aggravating than googling a tech problem and finding a bunch of threads that ask the question and offer no answer. So I'm going to give an answer to any problem I know the answer to regardless of the age of the post.

Also I know this works in the current version of Calibre (v0.9.18) because I had this problem, found this thread, solved it on my own.

Last edited by AlienCowThatMoos; 02-15-2013 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Improper sentance structure.
AlienCowThatMoos is offline   Reply With Quote