Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-24-2013, 07:34 AM   #1
arad26
Zealot
arad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PW2
Question CBR or CBZ comics on kindle paperwhite

I downloaded a few cbr comics on my mac, anyone knows how to make them work on the kindle paperwhite? I converted them with calibre to mobi and azw3 but its not good at all. Thank you
arad26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:13 AM   #2
ciromattia
KCC Co-author
ciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role model

Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard)
Kindle Comic Converter. Check signature and here.
ciromattia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2013, 04:44 PM   #3
arad26
Zealot
arad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciromattia View Post
Kindle Comic Converter. Check signature and here.
Thank you very much. I installed the converter but when i drag the CBR OR CBZ file over it it gives me an error -128. Why is that?
Old 01-24-2013, 05:32 PM   #4
ciromattia
KCC Co-author
ciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role model

In the last couple of versions I didn't test the droplet because I'm working on a cross-platform GUI. I'll do some testing tomorrow, if you are in a hurry you can fire up the Terminal and install Pillow (pip install Pillow), and then call

Code:
python ./kcc/comic2ebook.py -p K4 filename.cbr
assuming you have all the stuff in the REQUIREMENTS section of the README.
Let me know if you need further help!
Old 01-26-2013, 04:23 AM   #5
arad26
Zealot

Thank you . When will you be able to make available the droplet feature ?
Advert
Old 01-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #6
ciromattia
KCC Co-author

I built a bare metal GUI, if you want to test it: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16806101/Ki...er_osx_2.0.zip
Old 01-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #7
arad26
Zealot

Thank you . If i have the kindle paperwhite , i have to select k4?
Old 01-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #8
arad26
Zealot

I've selected K4 , but its running for more then 30 minutes.....is this normal to take so long converting ?
Old 01-28-2013, 06:05 AM   #9
ciromattia
KCC Co-author

No, it's not normal, it means that conversion had some errors but I didn't add error reporting, yet
Try now with this: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16806101/Ki...er_osx_2.1.zip

PS: for PW the correct profile is "KHD" but now I've set full-text labels
Old 01-28-2013, 08:09 AM   #10
arad26
Zealot

Thank you. It gives me "[Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'a'" , multiuple errors of this one, only the directory name differs .
Old 01-28-2013, 08:48 AM   #11
ciromattia
KCC Co-author

Can you report the structure tree of the comic folder, or provide me the original file so I can do some testing?
Old 01-28-2013, 09:10 AM   #12
arad26
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciromattia View Post
Can you report the structure tree of the comic folder, or provide me the original file so I can do some testing?
Here you go, upload it on dropbox.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8r9jxg8bmlgk99q/03.cbr

Last edited by arad26; 01-28-2013 at 09:14 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:02 PM   #13
ciromattia
KCC Co-author

That file converted successfully on my machine
Here's the output: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16806101/03.mobi

I fixed a couple of issues with filenames today, can you checkout the latest version and tell me if it works for you?

OS X: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16806101/Ki...er_osx_2.3.zip
Win64: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16806101/Ki...-amd64_2.3.zip

Many thanks!
Old 01-29-2013, 03:31 AM   #14
arad26
Zealot

It is still the same on my Mac. I recorded a small screen capture so you can see the errors. I've open once the cbr file and after that opened it as a folder also. Hope it helps and thank you for your work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9nekqtw2bf...0Converter.mov

PS. If lets say the conversion is successful, where should i look for the output mobi file?
Old 01-29-2013, 09:07 AM   #15
ciromattia
KCC Co-author

I noticed the issue with folders, should have fixed in latest release:
OS X: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16806101/Ki...er_osx_2.4.zip
Win64: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16806101/Ki...-amd64_2.4.zip
Also, the "file not found" errors could mean that KCC cannot launch unrar and kindlegen, are you sure you placed them under /usr/local/bin ?

Conversion being successful you should find a new .epub and .mobi files alongside the source ones!

Last edited by ciromattia; 01-29-2013 at 09:08 AM. Reason: add details