Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-16-2008, 10:19 AM   #1
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Amtrak advertising - Boston

Had a day trip to Boston yesterday. When I got off the Amtrak in Back Bay station, I was surprised to see the walls along the platform plastered with large ads for the Sony Reader (and not much else!). Most ads had a picture of the Reader upright next to a pile of books, and a varied catchphrase (like "Bring 50 of your favorite books in your carry-on" or something like that!). Plus, there was a huge Reader floor advertisement (seemed to be permanently glued to the floor) about 10 feet square, before the entrance to the subway turnstiles.

I also had someone across the aisle ask me about my Reader and book availability. I told her why I chose the Reader over the Kindle, mentioned general availability of books on various sites, and pointed her to these forums for lots more good info.

Sony appears to be making a major advertising push, at least in certain areas. And the Amtrak business traveler crowd seems to be a good demographic. (Yes, I was using my Reader for much of the NY-Boston trip!)
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:05 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I know Back Bay station quite well. And I have seen the adverts. Quite good actually.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert