Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-20-2012, 02:43 PM   #1
KevCal
Nameless Being

Sideload ePub to Nook App on iPad

Hi, is it possible to sideload an ePub to my Nook app on iPad (and iPhone, for that matter)? Want to test my files on those devices, but don't know how to get them there. Tried DropBox, but it didn't pop up Nook when it asked me what to open ePub with. Thanks.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:10 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
From reading this thread it doesn't look like you can...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=144993
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2012, 09:07 AM   #3
KevCal
Nameless Being

Thanks. Maybe someday.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:08 PM   #4
whbenson
Enthusiast
whbenson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whbenson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whbenson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whbenson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whbenson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whbenson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whbenson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whbenson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whbenson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whbenson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whbenson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
This may or may not be better than nothing, but it is possible to "add file" from your disk to the Nook for Mac app on OSX (fourth icon at top of window)
-Bill
whbenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:44 AM   #5
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
If you have the Kobo app, you can side load to that through iTunes or Dropbox.
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #6
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
This is not currently possible with the Nook iOS client, but it is on our feature list.

In the meantime, I'll point out the competitors such Kobo (edit: see that tecweston beat me to the punch on this one), or my personal favorite, the Bluefire Reader which does have this feature.
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:59 PM   #7
JDHatman
JDHatman began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Nook App
Yes, but may not be for you.

It's quite possible. I've done it several times, but it's not for the novice.

Disclaimer: If you brick your device, I'm not responsible.

Here's what is required:
1. USB connection cable.
2. iExplorer app (http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer)

Process:
1. Install iExplorer
2. Connect your device.
3. Using iExplorer, navigate on your device to /var/mobile/Applications/(Nook app*)/Documents/
4. Copy the *.epub file here.
5. Your *.epub should now be listed when you open the Nook app.

*All of the applications are given obscure folder names. You will have to click into each one until you find the Nook app.
JDHatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:40 AM   #8
Slvfox
Slvfox began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Has I explorer been renamed?

It seems to me that the Iexplorer app has been renamed to AwesxomeFiles. Is that correct or am I missing something here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDHatman View Post
It's quite possible. I've done it several times, but it's not for the novice.

Disclaimer: If you brick your device, I'm not responsible.

Here's what is required:
1. USB connection cable.
2. iExplorer app (http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer)

Process:
1. Install iExplorer
2. Connect your device.
3. Using iExplorer, navigate on your device to /var/mobile/Applications/(Nook app*)/Documents/
4. Copy the *.epub file here.
5. Your *.epub should now be listed when you open the Nook app.

*All of the applications are given obscure folder names. You will have to click into each one until you find the Nook app.
Slvfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:22 AM   #9
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slvfox View Post
It seems to me that the Iexplorer app has been renamed to AwesxomeFiles. Is that correct or am I missing something here?
It hasn't been renamed, it's still iExplorer.

iFunbox is another option for putting files onto an iDevice.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 10:30 AM   #10
Aplonis
Aplonis began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
There is also an app called ES File Explorer for the Kindle Fire. Just got it installed yesterday, and so far it seems to work fine for this purpose. I have used the Silk browser to download generic EPub files from online then moved them to the Nook app storage location. That done, the Nook app treated them as expected.
Aplonis is offline   Reply With Quote