Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-13-2012, 06:38 AM   #1
silentguy
Connoisseur
silentguy doesn't littersilentguy doesn't littersilentguy doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (10. Generation)
[Android App] Sony PRS-T1

Hi!
I really like the idea of the Calibre Companion App, but seeing how my main reader is a PRS-T1 I can't really use it yet.
Using it on the PRS-T1 has two problems:
1) No play store
2) Runs Android 2.2.1 and Companion wants 2.3

The first issue can't really be solved by developers (unless you want to make it free *g*) but there might be ways around it. For one thing, you can download .apk's from programs you bought and use them for sideloading, but I'm not sure how the app would react to that. There is also a way to get the appstore on the prs-t1 that i have not tried yet, but that seems to be an acceptable solution.

It's the second issue I wanted to inquire about. Do you really use any 2.3 api features or is this just the earliest version you tested on?
silentguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentguy View Post
It's the second issue I wanted to inquire about. Do you really use any 2.3 api features or is this just the earliest version you tested on?
We use several features that appeared in 2.3, the most important being some network APIs. It won't run on any Android version before that.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote