Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-16-2009, 03:51 AM   #1
halljames
Zealot
halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Apple iPad
Damaged Screen, I weep uncontrollably

Well it finaly happened. I switched on my PRS 505 and the top section of the screen is damaged. There is a big rectangular chunk missing. It looks like the eInk Substrate is damaged (based on other posts I have read).

I originaly bought it from America so I can't take it back to a shop (I am in the UK), and its probably not worth repairing.

So, do I buy a Sony Reader Pocket ( I like the look of it, but I dont like the fact it only comes in a slip case), do I just continue reading on my iPod Touch, or do I look at some of the other devices on the market.
halljames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:08 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Sorry to hear about your screen - always a pain when these things happen. My PRS-600 is in being repaired at present.

I think personally that the PRS-600 is still the best overall device on the market. Definitely worth considering.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2009, 04:37 AM   #3
halljames
Zealot
halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Apple iPad
I dont like the idea of the reduced contrast and I have no real need for the touch screen.

I havent read much lately, so I am still unsure of if I really need to replace it. I love my Sony ereader, but if I have not been using it much, maybe I should wait.

Oh the turmoil.
halljames is offline   Reply With Quote