Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-19-2014, 02:38 PM   #571
Faizan
Faizan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite gen2
Hey folks, i installed koreader in my paperwhite 2 (with KUAL) and i cant figure out how it works, also i cant access any user guide.
My problem is that i get to filemanager and it displays the list of books, but when i tap any book it simply opens a sort of empty folder, be glad if you could help. Peace!
Faizan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 08:29 PM   #572
dasein
dasein began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 and PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faizan View Post
Hey folks, i installed koreader in my paperwhite 2 (with KUAL) and i cant figure out how it works, also i cant access any user guide.
My problem is that i get to filemanager and it displays the list of books, but when i tap any book it simply opens a sort of empty folder, be glad if you could help. Peace!
The new nightly file explorer seems to be listing dir and sdr folders. Not sure if this is deliberate or not. Don't recall this being normal in previous builds.

If you select those items to view, you will get an empty page because those are not actually "books" and are often just empty folders. You can differentiate those from actual books by looking for the / at the end. However, you might not see that as it can be truncated with long titles. In that case, folders will normally have more than one item. The books themselves should just have the file sizes. When I open those, the new nightly still seems to work properly.

I hope that helps.
dasein is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2014, 02:48 AM   #573
splitter
splitter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Hi,
after using Duokan for a long time, I decided to use Koreader on my KPW2 and I love it.
I have couple of things to ask though. I often use dictionaries, so I tried to copy couple of those which I have on my PC, but not all work. I have problem with the ones which are tagged. Koreader doesnt seem to like html tags (for bold fonts or italics and other elements) in the dictionary source. Both Duokan and Kindle native system are OK with them though. Am I right in theorizing that only html tag-free dictionaries should be installed or I am doing something wrong? The dictionaries I ihave (with the tags) are much better then the tag-free ones which you can get free online.

Also, is it possible to view my highlights after I drag my PDFs back into computer. I do not suppose that highlights can be embedded into the file (although it would be nice), but maybe there is some workaround how to see the highlighted text also in a PDF viewer on PC.

Thank you very much & keep up the good job.
splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 01:51 AM   #574
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
OPDS again.
I see that fb2 format has been added in the latest nightly build to the opds section here:
https://github.com/koreader/koreader...rowser.lua#L48

Unfortunately, still cannot download books in .fb2.zip from:
http://flibusta.net/opds
http://coollib.net/opds
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:50 AM   #575
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
OPDS again.
I see that fb2 format has been added in the latest nightly build to the opds section here:
https://github.com/koreader/koreader...rowser.lua#L48

Unfortunately, still cannot download books in .fb2.zip from:
http://flibusta.net/opds
http://coollib.net/opds
This patch for frontend/ui/widget/opdsbrowser.lua should fix it (URL with rel="http://opds-spec.org/acquisition/open-access" will be recognized as an acquisition URL).
Code:
--- opdsbrowser.lua	2014-10-02 13:38:25.000000000 +0000
+++ opdsbrowser.patched.lua	2014-10-02 13:39:35.000000000 +0000
@@ -40,7 +40,7 @@

catalog_type = "application/atom%+xml",
     search_type = "application/opensearchdescription%+xml",
-    acquisition_rel = "http://opds-spec.org/acquisition",
+    acquisition_rel = "^http://opds%-spec%.org/acquisition",
     thumbnail_rel = "http://opds-spec.org/image/thumbnail",

formats = {
@@ -331,7 +331,7 @@
                         if link.type:find(self.catalog_type) then
                             item.url = build_href(link.href)
                         end
-                        if link.rel == self.acquisition_rel then
+                        if link.rel and link.rel:match(self.acquisition_rel) then
                             table.insert(item.acquisitions, {
                                 type = link.type,
                                 href = build_href(link.href),
BTW, these sites are using two link nodes with rel="http://opds-spec.org/thumbnail" and rel="http://opds-spec.org/image" for the same cover image and these rels aren't recognized by KOReader (though it's not fatal, now images aren't displayed even for recognized rels).
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2014, 09:14 AM   #576
evgsh
evgsh began at the beginning.

Device: KPW2
Hi eureka , can I use your patch to fix this issue
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/940
I've tried something similar , however your fix is much more elegant
Thanks
evgsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 09:51 AM   #577
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by evgsh View Post
Thanks
It is always correct (and polite) to ask first.

But if the author does not respond -
You can presume that any code posted to this forum is OpenSource (unless otherwise stated by the author).

That is just the common practice of the forum members here.
We get enough closed source code from Amazon.

whee - 65-65
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 11:53 AM   #578
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evgsh View Post
Thanks
Yes, of course, you can use this patch. As concern is raised, let it be licensed under CC0 (to the extent possible under law, eureka has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this patch).

Please, also change variable name from "acquisition_rel" to "acquisition_rel_pattern". It's more semantically correct, and I just didn't think about renaming before posting patch.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 12:25 AM   #579
yu_i
yu_i began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Hi.
I found an issue: setIntProperty and setStringProperty invoke propsApply, which resets interline space, gamma, and perhaps some over settings to their defaults. Below a fix for interline space and gamma.
Code:
diff -rupN koreader_orig/base/cre.cpp koreader/base/cre.cpp
--- koreader_orig/base/cre.cpp  2014-10-27 02:37:53.273630266 +0100
+++ koreader/base/cre.cpp       2014-10-27 03:31:56.722246829 +0100
@@ -386,10 +386,18 @@ static int getGammaIndex(lua_State *L) {
 }

static int setGammaIndex(lua_State *L) {
-       int index = luaL_checkint(L, 1);
+       CreDocument *doc = (CreDocument*) luaL_checkudata(L, 1, "credocument");
+       int index = luaL_checkint(L, 2);

fontMan->SetGammaIndex(index);

+       double gamma = fontMan->GetGamma();
+       char value[5];
+       snprintf(value, 5, "%.2f", gamma);
+
+       CRPropRef props = doc->text_view->propsGetCurrent();
+       props->setString("font.gamma", value);
+
        return 0;
 }

@@ -1382,7 +1390,6 @@ static const struct luaL_Reg cre_func[]
        {"newDocView", newDocView},
        {"getFontFaces", getFontFaces},
        {"getGammaIndex", getGammaIndex},
-       {"setGammaIndex", setGammaIndex},
        {"registerFont", registerFont},
        {"getHyphDictList", getHyphDictList},
        {"getSelectedHyphDict", getSelectedHyphDict},
@@ -1423,6 +1430,7 @@ static const struct luaL_Reg credocument
        {"setVisiblePageCount", setVisiblePageCount},
        {"adjustFontSizes", adjustFontSizes},
        {"setBatteryState", setBatteryState},
+       {"setGammaIndex", setGammaIndex},
        /* --- control methods ---*/
        {"gotoPage", gotoPage},
        {"gotoPercent", gotoPercent},
diff -rupN koreader_orig/base/kpvcrlib/crengine/crengine/src/lvdocview.cpp koreader/base/kpvcrlib/crengine/crengine/src/lvdocview.cpp
--- koreader_orig/base/kpvcrlib/crengine/crengine/src/lvdocview.cpp     2014-10-27 03:18:19.839703518 +0100
+++ koreader/base/kpvcrlib/crengine/crengine/src/lvdocview.cpp  2014-10-27 03:41:44.835875863 +0100
@@ -3125,9 +3125,13 @@ static int findBestFit(LVArray<int> & v,

void LVDocView::setDefaultInterlineSpace(int percent) {
        LVLock lock(getMutex());
-    REQUEST_RENDER("setDefaultInterlineSpace")
+       int oldpercent = m_def_interline_space;
        m_def_interline_space = percent;
-    _posIsSet = false;
+       if (oldpercent != percent) {
+               propsGetCurrent()->setInt(PROP_INTERLINE_SPACE, m_def_interline_space);
+               _posIsSet = false;
+       REQUEST_RENDER("setDefaultInterlineSpace")
+       }
 //     goToBookmark( _posBookmark);
 //        updateBookMarksRanges();
 }
diff -rupN koreader_orig/frontend/document/credocument.lua koreader/frontend/document/credocument.lua
--- koreader_orig/frontend/document/credocument.lua     2014-10-27 02:36:29.601678705 +0100
+++ koreader/frontend/document/credocument.lua  2014-10-27 03:33:36.817599779 +0100
@@ -361,7 +361,7 @@ end

function CreDocument:setGammaIndex(index)
     DEBUG("CreDocument: set gamma index", index)
-    cre.setGammaIndex(index)
+    self._document:setGammaIndex(index)
 end

function CreDocument:setStyleSheet(new_css)
yu_i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 01:58 AM   #580
mmjoshi
Connoisseur
mmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchfork

Full text search

I remember having seen this feature in one of the changelogs. However, I am not clear how to use this feature. I see no option where I can input the text string I want to search for. Would appreciate tips on using this feature.

On a related note, is there any way I can search for text highlighted by me. I would like to just go to the next highlighted text in either direction. The contents of the highlighted text are not important as far as the search is concerned.

mj
mmjoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 03:11 AM   #581
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
You're a bit fast. That was only merged three hours ago :-) Await the next builds, it will be in there. A bit rough around the edges, however, but we'll happily take bug reports, I'm sure.

Hm, I think there was indeed navigation among the highlights, but I'm actually not quite sure, I might be confused and it was bookmarked pages navigation only.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 06:29 AM   #582
mmjoshi
Connoisseur
mmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchfork

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
You're a bit fast. That was only merged three hours ago :-) Await the next builds, it will be in there. A bit rough around the edges, however, but we'll happily take bug reports, I'm sure.

Hm, I think there was indeed navigation among the highlights, but I'm actually not quite sure, I might be confused and it was bookmarked pages navigation only.
Thanks. I will wait for the new release I am aware of the navigation for bookmarks. However, I have not noticed navigation for highlights if it has been implemented. If not hopefully gets implemented soon.

mj
mmjoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 12:22 PM   #583
Gruvarbetaren
Gruvarbetaren began at the beginning.

Device: none
If I were to get a Kindle Paperwhite 2, would it be easy to jailbreak it and install KOReader?
Gruvarbetaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 01:25 PM   #584
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruvarbetaren View Post
If I were to get a Kindle Paperwhite 2, would it be easy to jailbreak it and install KOReader?
Off-topic.

Please start your own thread, they are cheap here.

Short answer (given earlier today): Maybe
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 01:49 PM   #585
Gruvarbetaren
Gruvarbetaren began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Off-topic.

Please start your own thread, they are cheap here.

Short answer (given earlier today): Maybe
Ok. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2969627 created.
Gruvarbetaren is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, koreader, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch