Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-26-2014, 06:55 AM   #1111
ADambi
Enthusiast
ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.

Device: PW2 5.4.5.1
Search for PW2 5451
This is "one device only" build, since there are no adapters for SearchHandler.
I'm too stupid to write one myself...

Added:
in CollectionManager545.java
.getDeclaredField("e") should be replaced by .getDeclaredField("M")
(It works either way)
Attached Files
File Type: azw2 CollectionsManager.azw2 (368.9 KB, 232 views)
File Type: zip 0001-Search-545.zip (2.8 KB, 221 views)

Last edited by ADambi; 09-29-2014 at 08:33 AM.
ADambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:08 AM   #1112
ADambi
Enthusiast
ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.

PW 5.4.4 (done on 5.4.4.2) support on top of v2.7.4.
It builds, but I have no idea does it work or not.
Added azw2.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PW1-544-5.4.4.2-support.patch.zip (3.3 KB, 216 views)
File Type: azw2 CollectionsManager.azw2 (512.5 KB, 208 views)

Last edited by ADambi; 10-08-2014 at 12:42 PM.
Advert
Old 10-08-2014, 07:01 PM   #1113
Phoenix12
Phoenix12 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADambi View Post
PW 5.4.4 (done on 5.4.4.2) support on top of v2.7.4.
It builds, but I have no idea does it work or not.
Added azw2.
thanks
import works fine
but moving doesn't seem to work properly
some books either don't move, copy, or just end up hidden
but at least I can import again

Last edited by Phoenix12; 10-08-2014 at 07:28 PM.
Phoenix12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 11:15 PM   #1114
ADambi
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix12 View Post
thanks
import works fine
but moving doesn't seem to work properly
some books either don't move, copy, or just end up hidden
but at least I can import again
You should read first page, there is link in this Kindle Paperwhite 2: Firmware 5.4.0 - 5.4.2.1 & 5.4.3.1 - 5.4.5.1 part.
Quote:
Long story short: copying works, moving (and thus nesting) doesn't
Old 10-09-2014, 01:33 PM   #1115
DropDeadAlex
DropDeadAlex began at the beginning.

Device: PW1, PW3
It's a Half ok

... The application runs OK in the FW 5.4.2.2. There's only a few problems:

-An item always is Showed/Hidden in root directory and in the collections, is impossible make it hidden in the home screen and showed in a collection.

-The collections already created isn't showed in the CM, just the collections created by the CM
DropDeadAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2014, 04:19 AM   #1116
Hendrixxxxxxxx
Connoisseur
Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: Kindle DX, Paperwhite, Paperwhite II, and Voyage
Hi all,

There is a collection on my Kindle (PW1, 5.3.9) which I can't see, but I know its there as when I try and create a new collection with the same name, it says there is already a collection with that name. CM's "Delete all collections" doesn't get rid of it, and because I can't see it, I can't get rid of it manually. I don't know whether there are any books in it or not.

I could obviously "return to DOS" and start again from scratch, but was wondering if, before I did that, anyone knew of a way to delete a collection which doesn't appear anywhere on my Kindle. If not, I'll take the nuclear option. I suspect it is a Kindle issue rather than a CM issue.

Thanks in anticipation.

Hendrix

Last edited by Hendrixxxxxxxx; 10-10-2014 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Because I am an idiot.
Hendrixxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 09:21 AM   #1117
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Read the thread on "Librarian and LibrarianSync" - -

In that thread you will find how to use it to un-hide collections hidden by Amazon firmware update(s).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 10:22 AM   #1118
Hendrixxxxxxxx
Connoisseur
Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: Kindle DX, Paperwhite, Paperwhite II, and Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Read the thread on "Librarian and LibrarianSync" - -

In that thread you will find how to use it to un-hide collections hidden by Amazon firmware update(s).
Thank you knc1. I'll have a look.
Hendrixxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 01:36 PM   #1119
LisaBee55
LisaBee55 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Unhappy FW 5.4.4.2 is not supported at all......

And this is made clear only after I have
1. rooted the kindle
2. installed the mkk
Prior to installing the collections manager I thought I read a warning that above 5.2 some functions, such as nesting and search wouldn't work. I was willing to live with that.

But only after I installed the collections manager and tried to run it, did it become clear that the whole invested kit and kaboodle of time and energy had been wasted.

I wish there had been a clear "Version 5.4+ is NOT supported" far earlier in the process.

I am frustrated. The collections management on the kindle itself sucks big time, and everywhere you read that calibre and the collections manager work so very well.

Is there any hope that firmware 5.4+ will be supported?
LisaBee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 02:25 PM   #1120
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Read post 1114 (about 5 posts above yours).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 02:45 PM   #1121
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Version 2.7.7

Actually remembered that I had a PW1 on FW 5.4.4.2 to test on ;D

So here we go, v2.7.7 .

* Handle FW 5.4.4.2 on the PW1, thanks to ADambi .
* FW 5.4.4.1 & 5.4.4.0 plugged in, but completely untested.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-11-2014 at 05:25 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 05:51 PM   #1122
seadad9903
seadad9903 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle 3 (MIA), Kindle 4 (kidnapped), Kindle Fire HD
I have a PW2 with FW 5.4.3.2. I am having been a problem with some books not populating a collection when importing from Calibre. I have rechecked the settings in Calibre, run the test report and everything is set the same way it was when it worked. The collection gets created, but the books that are supposed to be in some of them aren't.
seadad9903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 04:39 AM   #1123
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@seadad9903: If it only happens for some books/collection, try to isolate what might be common among them.

Also, make sure you're not using mixed local & Cloud Collections, because that probably won't work.

You're also welcome to try LibrarianSync, see if it handles your stuff better.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:51 PM   #1124
LiLYoda
LiLYoda began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hello all. Been trying to use the export feature (to be able to import existing collections in Calibre through Kindle Collections)

But the export doesn't create or populate the /system/collections.json file

I have tried to erase the collections.json, and when I select export it isn't created
I have tried to create a blank file ("touch collections.json" in a xterm). The file is created. When I export, and plug the kindle back in, the file remains empty.

Is there a debug mode I can use so that I can try to figure out why this is happening?

I'm using a Kindle Touch, fw 5.2.3.7, with the jailbreak and the mobileread kindlet kit
LiLYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:49 AM   #1125
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@LiLYoda: Yes it does .

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks