Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-07-2016, 06:41 PM   #1
Griu
Enthusiast
Griu can extract oil from cheeseGriu can extract oil from cheeseGriu can extract oil from cheeseGriu can extract oil from cheeseGriu can extract oil from cheeseGriu can extract oil from cheeseGriu can extract oil from cheeseGriu can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One
Images on kobo glo HD

Hi,

I've been having an issue with the images in my books when reading on the kobo glo hd. the resolution is too small after I convert the books. I've set the output profile to the kindle PW3 (should be the same resolution) and to Tablet, neither way works.

I manually changed the size of the images in a book after I convert it and it's working now.

My question is this:

Is there a way to bulk resize images in the ebooks? like multiplying the resolution x2 or x1.5. This would be really helpful setting up my books with images on this device.
Griu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:43 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you set your output profile to Tablet then the images are not resized at all, so if they are too small, then they would have been too small int he source. Remember that simply setting the option in Preferences->Page Layout is not enough since previously used settings take preference. http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/conv...for-conversion

So fix the settings and reconvert, that will be the easiest way to resize images in bulk.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2016, 06:47 AM   #3
Griu
Enthusiast
Griu can extract oil from cheeseGriu can extract oil from cheeseGriu can extract oil from cheeseGriu can extract oil from cheeseGriu can extract oil from cheeseGriu can extract oil from cheeseGriu can extract oil from cheeseGriu can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
If you set your output profile to Tablet then the images are not resized at all, so if they are too small, then they would have been too small int he source. Remember that simply setting the option in Preferences->Page Layout is not enough since previously used settings take preference. http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/conv...for-conversion

So fix the settings and reconvert, that will be the easiest way to resize images in bulk.
Yeah, I don't think it's a problem with the calibre conversion. It's just the way the Kobo Glo HD interprets the images. This happens to me with FBreader too on my tablet, although Moon Reader, Google play books, the kindle app and the kindle paperwhite 3 show the images just fine.

So what I've been doing is scaling the images on the books to twice the size (using the ebook editor), so the kobo can properly read them . That's why I'm asking if there's a way to scale this images in bulk by a factor of 2 or 1.5

Here's a picture of how the images show on the PW3 and the Kobo Glo HD (before I scale them). It happens with all images on all the books.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160707_164310100.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	485.7 KB
ID:	150036  
Old 07-11-2016, 08:43 PM   #4
Griu
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post

So there's no way to bulk scale images to a larger resolution?