Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old Today, 02:12 PM   #39886
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Hmm not sure how that would stop the a/c from blowing on me. It's mounted directly on the wall in front of me. My bed is not very tall it's lower than the a/c unit. Hubby's bed gets More air than I do. He sleeps by a half wall so he screwed a two by four into the half wall and draped a blanket over it. My bed is on the other side near a door frame. There is a fan right by me pushing air from the front room into the back room.

This place is tiny.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
Well, hubby's got the right idea. Think creatively, and mount something to get the breeze away from you. Or, sleep with your head at the opposite end of the bed??? Would that help some?
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:59 PM   #39887
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, 2 Kindle Fire HDs, Nexus 7, 3 Phablets
There is no where to mount anything where my bed is. I got one wall behind me then on my right is the door frame. My ceilings are vaulted and very high. I can't block airflow to the next room. Laying at the opposite end is not an option thanks to having cats but if I did that would put me in more direct air as well as having to deal with kitchen smells which is way worse.

The a/c is blowing air from the outside which is why it kicks my allergies up. Grass, weeds, trees we don't get along.

It's a no win situation. This is the first time we lived in such a open floor plan. We usually have a bedroom and the cats have their own room with two bathrooms to share with the four of us. Here it's dorm room/motel living but we have a wonderful landlady that worked with us when hubby was unemployed so I shouldn't really complain.

Blossom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:03 PM   #39888
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
There is no where to mount anything where my bed is. I got one wall behind me then on my right is the door frame. My ceilings are vaulted and very high. I can't block airflow to the next room. Laying at the opposite end is not an option thanks to having cats but if I did that would put me in more direct air as well as having to deal with kitchen smells which is way worse.

The a/c is blowing air from the outside which is why it kicks my allergies up. Grass, weeds, trees we don't get along.

It's a no win situation. This is the first time we lived in such a open floor plan. We usually have a bedroom and the cats have their own room with two bathrooms to share with the four of us. Here it's dorm room/motel living but we have a wonderful landlady that worked with us when hubby was unemployed so I shouldn't really complain.

Could you turn the beds 90 degrees?
Cinisajoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:05 PM   #39889
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just woke up. I got some sleep so that means Maisy is having a very good day. She is sleeping in a cardboard box. I think I got eight hours not all uninterrupted but I feel so much better.

Old Today, 07:08 PM   #39890
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I just woke up. I got some sleep so that means Maisy is having a very good day. She is sleeping in a cardboard box. I think I got eight hours not all uninterrupted but I feel so much better.

I am glad you got some sleep.
Silly question: are you getting enough protein?
And are you feeling better?
Old Today, 07:44 PM   #39891
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Probably not. Not much of an appetite when you are dealing with nastiness all day. Hubby never went shopping after the power outage so I have to rely on whatever he brings home from fast food. Not very healthy. My ride was my sister so I'm stranded. Hubby picks up things on his way home from work. He works such crazy hours.

I am feeling better though thanks.

Old Today, 07:59 PM   #39892
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Probably not. Not much of an appetite when you are dealing with nastiness all day. Hubby never went shopping after the power outage so I have to rely on whatever he brings home from fast food. Not very healthy. My ride was my sister so I'm stranded. Hubby picks up things on his way home from work. He works such crazy hours.

I am feeling better though thanks.

It isn't great but have him pick up some lunch meat or cheese or eggs for you some quick lunches.

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?