Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-13-2013, 09:01 PM   #1
dAhc
dAhc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Calibre settings problem

Hello,

I have a problem with the settings for converting files. I go to Settings>Conversion>Common options, I enable 'Remove spaces between paragraphs' and 'Insert bank line between paragraphs' options, then I click 'Aply' button.

But when I convert a file in the 'Convert books' button those options are NOT enabled.

What am I doing wrong?

I hope you can help me =)

Thank you.
dAhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dAhc View Post
Hello,

I have a problem with the settings for converting files. I go to Settings>Conversion>Common options, I enable 'Remove spaces between paragraphs' and 'Insert bank line between paragraphs' options, then I click 'Aply' button.

But when I convert a file in the 'Convert books' button those options are NOT enabled.

What am I doing wrong?

I hope you can help me =)

Thank you.
If you have EVER converted that book with THAT (systems) Calibre, it remembers the settings that WERE used. Click 'restore defaults' to make it use the current settings
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2013, 09:16 PM   #3
dAhc

So, the common options are not for 'new books'?
Old 05-13-2013, 09:20 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dAhc View Post
So, the common options are not for 'new books'?
New as in Never converted should use the current settings.

EXCEPT what you see might be a HARD coded <br /> (one huge paragraph) instead of an individual paragraph end

Use the ebook viewer, Right click and select INSPECT. Now you see the code.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:33 PM   #5
dAhc

ok

thank you

=)
Advert