Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 05-23-2011, 04:14 PM   #1
Tinah
Enthusiast
Tinah began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Android 2.1 Eclair to Android 2.2 Froyo question

The new PE that I'm expecting to arrive at my door this week is the Pocket Edge with Android version 2.1 Eclair, but nowhere on the EntourageEdge do I find any info on this, only about 1.6 Donut and 2.2 froyo (Ermine Beta).
My question is...once I get this device and opt into the Ermine Beta, if something goes wrong, when I have to use the Golden Dingo update.zip...will my version then be the lower 1.6 version or will it go back to what I initially had...the 2.1?

Last edited by Tinah; 05-23-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Tinah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:01 PM   #2
mrlanrat
mrlanrat began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge, Kindles
Entourage devices come with 1.6, and if you want you can upgrade to the 2.2 beta. They never released anything with 2.1 that I am aware of.
mrlanrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:04 PM   #3
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
When yours arrives, let us know if it really is 2.1, Tinah. I can post your question on the enTourage forum, but will wait until you get your new PE because I, like mrlanrat, have never heard of a 2.1 version.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:12 PM   #4
Tinah
Enthusiast

Just has my curiousity peaked because why would any reputable seller sell it as an Linux Android 2.1 when it isn't...will post back here tho and thanks for posting this on the Entourage Forum.
Mrlanrat thanks for posting the link for the Ermine beta. Am curious if it is the same for the PE also.
Someone did post on the Entourage Forum about the possibility of a final release or non beta version for the Ermine.
http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...ine-on-the-way
Old 05-25-2011, 12:21 AM   #5
Tinah
Enthusiast

Got my answer from Tech...quote The latest official release is Dingo 1.13 which is apparently comes with Android 1.6. There is no definite time for the Ermine full version release yet"
That they even mention Ermine, maybe, just maybe there is still hope for a full version...
Old 05-25-2011, 02:28 AM   #6
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
When does your PE arrive??

I'm glad you got the version info straight. Did you mean you contacted enTourage Tech Support? No more email deadend??

I think we have good reason to hope for a final version of Ermine, but we won't know (probably) until it happens!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:54 AM   #7
Tinah
Enthusiast

Yes, contacted Tech. Looks like I'll be getting it tomorrow (Wednesday).
I'll be anxious to get some books asap...books I can read on the e-ink side. I suppose I should ask in a new thread...I'm in Canada and Google books isn't available here. Neither can I get the Amazon Market...