Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-08-2010, 12:23 PM   #1
deckoff
deckoff began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
K3 possible buyers questions

1) Support for Epub It seems the answer is NO, But want to be sure
2) Multi language support - I need Cyrillic alphabet support. Does K# provide it?
3)Can I upload books from my PC using USB cable?
deckoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:26 PM   #2
greencat
Freebie finder
greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony, Kindle
1) No native support. Can convert some books via software called Calibre.
2) Don't know
3) Yes
greencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2010, 12:47 PM   #3
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I do remember reading that the K3 support Cyrillic along with a bunch of other languages.

Here it is:

Quote:
Support for New Characters
Kindle can now display Cyrillic (such as Russian), Japanese, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), and Korean characters in addition to Latin and Greek scripts.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:07 PM   #4
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
1 No. No ePub, sorry
2) Yes; K3 will display Cyrillic
3) Yes; hook the K3 up via its usb cord and it will display as a removable drive. Documents go in the documents folder.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:57 PM   #5
readingforfun
readingforfun began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Anyone know if the feedreader and other "online" feed downloaders work with whispernet. So basically I can read the news on the go..
readingforfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert