Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-28-2008, 06:11 AM   #1
Oletros
Connoisseur
Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle NT
It is a good deal 200€ for a new Iliad 2nd edition?

I'm a proud owner of a Sony PRS-505 but there is a deal on an Spanish newspaper to buy an Iliad 2nd edition for 200 €.

It is a good deal assuming that iRex is not supporting new features at all?
Oletros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:59 AM   #2
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Hi

What newspaper, and what is the rest of the deal - if you can clarify.

Put this way, 200 euros for a Iliad 2nd Edition is a very good deal, but is the rest of the deal that keeps it a good one.
In The Netherlands they have offered a look alike deal (newspaper+Iliad) but a quite some people did not liked it afterwards, not because of the Iliad but because of the newspaper version that was not easy to navigate, read and principally it had parts of the newspaper missing.
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2008, 07:16 AM   #3
Oletros
Connoisseur
Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The deal is, you pay 300 € for the iLiad and you have the compromise to do 3 online consumer tests. After you complete the tests they rebate you 100€ in cash (bank account or credit card you have use to pay).
Old 12-28-2008, 07:29 AM   #4
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Ha! That is a good deal, hell 300 euros is a good deal for today’s prices!

The Iliad is still sold officially by 599 euros (https://www.irexshop.com), so I would say, a good deal indeed.

About the machine itself, I would advise a tour into the Iliad forum and read peoples experiences with it.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:31 AM   #5
DDHarriman
Guru

And one more thing: if your main reader goes to "la... la... land" you still have one to use when the other goes be repaired or what ever.
Advert
Old 12-29-2008, 04:21 AM   #6
Oletros
Connoisseur

I have some doubts:

1. I'm used to the PRS and in the Iliad there is no suspend mode, is it? I have to shut down the unit and shut on, how many seconds lasts to be the book show.
2. What is the best structure to put the books in a CF?
Old 12-29-2008, 05:23 AM   #7
DDHarriman
Guru

Hi

Sorry I can help you in that as I do not own one.
You can receive better and faster answer if you post it in the Iliad part of the Forum.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:30 AM   #8
Oletros
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDHarriman View Post
Hi

Sorry I can help you in that as I do not own one.
You can receive better and faster answer if you post it in the Iliad part of the Forum.
Muito obrigado
Old 12-29-2008, 07:56 AM   #9
DDHarriman
Guru

Não tem de quê (you are welcome).

Very kind of you in answering in my language, pitty I could not help more.

Wish you find the answers fast and good reading,