Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 05-11-2008, 10:20 PM   #1
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
A young woman agrees to house-sit for an eccentric aunt in a seaside town and encounters mystery and romance.

Myrtle Reed was a popular author at the turn of the 20th century and published several romantic novels as well as essays and cookbooks. Her writing tends to eulogize "traditional values" of hearth and home, though she also seemed to think it was good for women to be educated and have careers BEFORE their marriages. Lavender and Old Lace is fluffy and romantic, but also has some humor and a weepy ending. I've read in a few places that "Arsenic and Old Lace" (or at least the title) is supposed to be a bit of a parody of this novel but I don't know if that's true. Enjoy!

EDIT - May 18, 2008

I should have proofread it better before I uploaded. Many apologies--I'm still learning. I also made some improvements in the formatting. I've uploaded the new version.

Also, if you're interested, here's an article about Myrtle Reed. She had kind of a sad life. There's not much out there about her--somebody on one of my listservs turned me on to her a few years back.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: prc Lavender and Old Lace.prc (211.2 KB, 670 views)

Last edited by MaggieScratch; 05-31-2008 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Uploaded new version; added better description of the plot.
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 04:02 PM   #2
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Thought you said "Arsenic and Old Lace" at first. I'll take a look at this -- I like fluffy romances!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2008, 02:38 AM   #3
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
I made some corrections to the text and improvements to the formatting and have uploaded a new version. Thanks for the kind reception!
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote