Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-30-2011, 08:04 PM   #1
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Anybody see Anonymous?

I have to say that I am a adamant Stratfordian and this was certainly not history but it was an excellent movie. I only wanted to throw tomatoes at the screen a couple of times. Rhys Ifans was amazing and so was the guy playing Ben Johnson. My only problem is people, being people, are going to believe this as fact instead of fiction.

Fact: Shakespeare went to Grammar School. This meant Latin grammar. It was actually more of an education than elementary schools today, at least in certain subjects. The man could certainly read and write.

Fact: The man had a son named Hamnet (that's only one letter off, you know)!

I am not much of a scholar but those more scholarly than I have made more/better arguments why Shakespeare wrote Shakespeare. I think the Oxfordians and other anti-Stratfordian camps believe what they believe because they want someone more glamourous to have written those plays. They can't believe an ordinary, middle-class guy could do it. You don't have to be it or know it first-hand to write it or they would be no Sci-Fi and Fantasy.

Anyway, it was a beautifully made movie despite the premise.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:35 PM   #2
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
If you enjoy this movie then you might also like this ebook:
The Playmakers". I haven't seen the movie but it sounds very similar, with Marlowe as the secret author.
I agree that the most likely author was Shakespeare, but it makes for a good story! Historical mysteries are always good fun and often written by authors who studied the period at university and have a lot of research material on hand - well, it's one way of making some money out of all that work!
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2011, 08:37 PM   #3
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CazMar View Post
If you enjoy this movie then you might also like this ebook:
The Playmakers". I haven't seen the movie but it sounds very similar, with Marlowe as the secret author.
I agree that the most likely author was Shakespeare, but it makes for a good story! Historical mysteries are always good fun and often written by authors who studied the period at university and have a lot of research material on hand - well, it's one way of making some money out of all that work!
Oh, I agree. I had a history prof who would assign one historical fiction among the scholarly readings per semester.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:37 PM   #4
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Would that be Stratford on Avon, or Stratford, Ontario?
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:40 PM   #5
covingtoncat73
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Would that be Stratford on Avon, or Stratford, Ontario?
LOL. I'm only Stratfordian as in someone who believes the guy from the Stratford on the Avon wrote the Shakespeare plays.
Advert
Old 12-01-2011, 10:25 AM   #6
MJK2111
FUBAR!
MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 S
If somebody saw Anonymous, and actually knew it was Anonymous, wouldn't he then cease to be "Anonymous?"
MJK2111 is offline   Reply With Quote