Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-15-2011, 05:20 PM   #31
muranternet
Connoisseur
muranternet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3/Sony PRS-300/Nook Color running CM7/P eDGe
Make sure you're not accidentally looking for /sdcard/system/app.
muranternet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:27 PM   #32
QDman
QDman began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by muranternet View Post
I just had to bring up the power switch dialog and hit power off a lot until I got lucky.
I couldn't get that to work (just unlucky, I guess). I ended up just sliding the power switch to the On/Off position (toward the hinge side) and holding it for a few seconds. That caused a power-down.
QDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2011, 10:42 PM   #33
bunodosoma
Connoisseur
bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PE,Novel,Nook Color
Just a quick update on my battery life this past week. With the wifi on,book loaded on e-ink,tablet screen brightness way down, watchdog and battery graph running. I mix reading,game playing,browsing and video watching pretty much all day with intermittent hibernation. Battery graph is giving me a range of 4-6% battery draw down an hour. Total time tracked - about 40 hrs. I do power down and recharge at night. So with what I have now I can go through my normal day with the PE and not run out of charge. I'm happy with this. Simply shutting the wifi when not needed, locking down the tablet screen when reading and turning the brightness are easy ways to reduce power consumption w/o having to edit system files.
I must say the PE has exceeded my expectations and has taken over many of the tasks I used my netbook
for and is much cooler and quieter.
bunodosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:41 PM   #34
archiegoodwin
archiegoodwin began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Muranternet said: "You need the latest version of ES File explorer with root options and mount the system folder as R/W."

Bunodosoma said: "I used CM."

This does not work for me. My 2.2.1 Edge is Z4Rooted, but when I bring up Settings/Root Options in ES File Explorer, choose Root Explorer and then CM, I get two messages. The first says "ES File Explorer has been granted Superuser permissions," followed immediately by a second message a message which says "Test failed, this feature cannot run on your phone." Tried it with HiAPK; that didn't work either. The "Mount File System" option remains grayed out, and when I check the permissions in the System folder, they are Readable-Yes, Writable-No.

Any suggestions?
archiegoodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:50 PM   #35
bunodosoma
Connoisseur
bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bunodosoma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PE,Novel,Nook Color
archiegoodwin. What version of esfile explorer are you using? My choices were greyed out until I updated to 160.0.0.1.To update it I think I had to uninstall the one that came with the PE and then download the newest version (Amazon Apps refused to update the original). Luck.
bunodosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2011, 03:38 AM   #36
archiegoodwin

My version is 1.6.0.0. From what I can, see AmazonApps (which I have access to) only has an old version, 1.4.8.6; SlideMe has 1.6.0.0 (which is where I got the version I use). AppBrain has 1.6.0.3, but I have never been successful downloading/installing anything from there. Also I have NO access to the Android Market. Know where I might be able to get an updated version?
Old 08-01-2011, 07:01 AM   #37
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiegoodwin View Post
My version is 1.6.0.0. From what I can, see AmazonApps (which I have access to) only has an old version, 1.4.8.6; SlideMe has 1.6.0.0 (which is where I got the version I use). AppBrain has 1.6.0.3, but I have never been successful downloading/installing anything from there. Also I have NO access to the Android Market. Know where I might be able to get an updated version?
http://www.freewarelovers.com/androi...-file-explorer

Just download it to your PC and transfer it over.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:08 AM   #38
archiegoodwin

Thanks!!! I installed 1.6.0.1, and everything worked.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:05 PM   #39
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
use titanium backup. backup them. then delete them. easier.
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:14 AM   #40
gregounours
Enthusiast
gregounours began at the beginning.

Hi all,
Just received my PE. Ia m going through all the updates/hacks. Got Ermine installed and rename Phone.apk but somehow I don't have a telephony.apk I have a telephonyprovider.apk. is that what you are referring to as telephony.apk?
thanks in advance
gregounours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:45 AM   #41
rebeltaz
Connoisseur
rebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket eDge
Will renaming these files work on a Dingo PE?
rebeltaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:18 PM   #42
jazzfan
jazzfan began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
My questions is the same as gregounours, I have phone.apk, but i can not find the telephony.apk, what should I do?
jazzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:11 AM   #43
gregounours
Enthusiast
gregounours began at the beginning.

I ended up renaming telephonyprovider.apk to .Old
That did the reckless for me. I can use the pe on and of all day with wiring and gave some juice left at the end. This mod is totally worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzfan View Post
My questions is the same as gregounours, I have phone.apk, but i can not find the telephony.apk, what should I do?
gregounours is offline   Reply With Quote