Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 04-02-2011, 06:58 PM   #1
tlo07
tlo07 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Deleting books off of original Nook

Is there a way to delete all but one book off of the Nook without deregistering and erasing them all? I don't want them archived, I want them completely off. I am going to borrow my Nook out to my 9 y.o. niece and there are some of my books I don't want her to have access to.

I thought if I archived them and then turned on airplane mode, they couldn't be re-downloaded but that wasn't the case. I was able to get them back in airplane mode, which I don't understand. Therefore, I need to get them completely off. I also tried to plug in to my computer and manually delete them. I deleted a whole bunch of e-pub files out of the "My B&N Downloads" file but apparently that wasn't correct either because they are still showing up in my library. WTF? I don't get it!
tlo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:45 PM   #2
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
You can deregister the nook, yes, deleting them all, and then sideload the books you want to leave on it from the My B&N Downloads folder (they will show up in My Documents). When you reregister all the books will turn up again.

I can't think of any other way.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2011, 09:06 PM   #3
ksmith100056
ksmith100056 is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook
I've been using Calibre to delete my sideloaded books off my Nook.
ksmith100056 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:08 PM   #4
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
You can't do a temporary delete on the B&N books, though. You can archive and hide them, or delete them from the account in which case you can never access them again on any device, or you can deregister and lose the books from the device only, but that's about it.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote