Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-24-2014, 11:16 AM   #61
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I don't consider changing from triple spacing to double spacing something to work with.
I've always considered the leading on a Kindle to be rather good. On the tightest density I have never even considered changing it because I like it so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady
I also don't consider the font size doubling and no choices in between something to work with. The margins also go from huge to too big.
I've yet to find an e-reader that does font sizes perfectly. Font size 3 and 4 on the Kindle are my two that I rely on the most.

I like the smallest margin setting on the Kindle. The only size smaller would be no margin at all. And that is not a world I want to live in.

Anyway, at least you have lots of other options in e-readers and e-reading software. Except for iBooks, whose lack of options would probably appall you!
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 01:08 PM   #62
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I love my Fire TV Stick. It works flawlessly. Maybe yours is broken. I also have a Sony Bravia. No problems. Beautiful video and no buffering issues. I do use the Extender it came with to plug it in.

I guess it is all in what a person is used to. I'm used to flawless performance and video resolution/quality approaching Blu-Ray video quality. My U-verse cable streaming is that good, as is my Apple TV and pretty much every device I plug into my TV, but the resolution I get with the crappy Fire TV Stick is somewhere between 1980s VHS tape and crappy cable TV channels that are streamed in SDTV signal. No detail, fuzzy, crappy colors, blotchy, and it doesn't stream smoothly so I get a jerky video. And all this with 20 MBips internet! According to reviews I've seen, the lack of volume and TV settings controls is an issue with a lot of other users, not just me. I've used at least a dozen devices over the past few years that plugged into my Sony Bravia HDMI ports, and none of them except the Stick has prevented changing of volume and such. TOTAL piece of junk IMO.

No big deal though as I rarely watch Prime Videos as Amazon has very little for free that I would watch, and they want a ridiculous price to buy or rent them. I can get stuff cheaper by buying it on Blu-Ray disc. Blu-Ray is much better quality and it doesn't have sloppy/jerky playback like the Stick.

BTW, I used the extension cable too. I had too as the Fire TV Stick would not plug into my TV without it because of the physical designs of the TV and Stick.

Last edited by jswinden; 12-27-2014 at 01:11 PM.
Old 12-27-2014, 05:09 PM   #63
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I guess it is all in what a person is used to. I'm used to flawless performance and video resolution/quality approaching Blu-Ray video quality. My U-verse cable streaming is that good, as is my Apple TV and pretty much every device I plug into my TV, but the resolution I get with the crappy Fire TV Stick is somewhere between 1980s VHS tape and crappy cable TV channels that are streamed in SDTV signal. No detail, fuzzy, crappy colors, blotchy, and it doesn't stream smoothly so I get a jerky video. And all this with 20 MBips internet! According to reviews I've seen, the lack of volume and TV settings controls is an issue with a lot of other users, not just me. I've used at least a dozen devices over the past few years that plugged into my Sony Bravia HDMI ports, and none of them except the Stick has prevented changing of volume and such. TOTAL piece of junk IMO.

No big deal though as I rarely watch Prime Videos as Amazon has very little for free that I would watch, and they want a ridiculous price to buy or rent them. I can get stuff cheaper by buying it on Blu-Ray disc. Blu-Ray is much better quality and it doesn't have sloppy/jerky playback like the Stick.

BTW, I used the extension cable too. I had too as the Fire TV Stick would not plug into my TV without it because of the physical designs of the TV and Stick.
Yep you got a defective one. There is several on this thread who got broken ones. I would have exchange it for $20 it's an amazing deal.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 02:39 AM   #64
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Question

Does the Fire TV Stick or Box have VuDu on it Right out of the box...so to speak? I read the Free ebook I got a few days ago it never mentioned the Vudu app.... I have a lot of movies on Vudu. So Before I buy want to make sure this will work
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 02:54 PM   #65
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Does the Fire TV Stick or Box have VuDu on it Right out of the box...so to speak? I read the Free ebook I got a few days ago it never mentioned the Vudu app.... I have a lot of movies on Vudu. So Before I buy want to make sure this will work
No - here's a link to available Fire TV apps.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 03:33 PM   #66
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post

No, but if your Vudu movies are linked to UltraViolet, you should be able to access them through the available Flixster app.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 01:10 AM   #67
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
No, but if your Vudu movies are linked to UltraViolet, you should be able to access them through the available Flixster app.
Don't Work! Just says I need to download the VuDu App from Google LOL
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote