Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 08-05-2010, 03:25 PM   #1
janvangastel
Edge User

Can't send email

I can receive email, but when I try to send, I get the error messages 'no route to host' and ' no socket connected'. I am sure I have the smtp right and and can't figure out what the problem is.. The messages stay in the outbox and are not sent. I hope someone knows what's wrong.

Old 08-07-2010, 06:42 AM   #2
janvangastel
Edge User

I have tried for four days now without succes. Maybe Boris is right, but then ziggo has troubles reparing th problem.

Old 08-07-2010, 10:17 AM   #3
janvangastel
Edge User

This will have to wait, alas, till I am back home again. I am in Spain now. I tried to ask information via their -ziggo -website, but the website tells me that 'the browser is not supported'.

Old 08-08-2010, 02:54 PM   #4
janvangastel
Edge User

Hi Boris, No, no typo. Today my girlfriend tried to send email from her laptop - she has another provider - and she also received an error message. And she could, like me, receive emails. Mayby it could be ome weird kind of security from some providers? I also followed your advise to change my browser type, but it made no difference.

Old 08-11-2010, 05:21 AM   #5
janvangastel
Edge User

I am trying to email from France, so I don't think the emails go via my router in The Netherands. But I don't know that for sure of course. I am a very naive user. My girlfrIend has the same problwm with her laptop. She can send mail from here house, but not from France. She uses another provider then I do.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:43 AM   #6
sjarrel
Edge User

Maybe a stupid question Jan: do you use your own mailprogram or webmail from Ziggo? When you are not in your own country you have to use the "webmail" from Ziggo. If your girlfriend has KPN as provider she has to use "netmail".

Old 08-15-2010, 06:01 AM   #7
janvangastel
Edge User

Hi Sjarrel, Not a stupid question at all! I use my email. I didn't know I had to use webmail. I am home again now, but when I am out of the country again next month, I will use ziggo webmail.

Old 08-15-2010, 07:26 AM   #8
sjarrel
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by janvangastel View Post
Hi Sjarrel, Not a stupid question at all! I use my email. I didn't know I had to use webmail. I am home again now, but when I am out of the country again next month, I will use ziggo webmail.
Glad that this might solve the problem. You can try it out at home before you go out of the country next month.

Old 08-17-2010, 02:55 AM   #9
janvangastel
Edge User

One additional question: is it never possible, with no provider at all, to send emails from abroad the 'normal' way, so without the need to use webmail?

Old 08-17-2010, 04:22 AM   #10
sjarrel
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by janvangastel View Post
One additional question: is it never possible, with no provider at all, to send emails from abroad the 'normal' way, so without the need to use webmail?
What do you call the 'normal' way? If you mean the service from a dutch provider then no. That's why they have that service via webmail and/or netmail. But you can always use a new (free) account from Gmail, Hotmail of Windows Live. At home you can see those mails in your Ziggomailbox (in you add them of course).
I am not an expert at this, so maybe someone else has a better answer, but this is the way I use and it works all over the world. Good luck.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:15 AM   #11
janvangastel
Edge User

OK, thanks Sjarrel. This answers my question completely.