Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 03-25-2010, 09:01 PM   #181
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
What time tomorrow do the polls close?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:02 PM   #182
cearbhallain
Groupie
cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
* The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
This one I haven't read, but the premise sounds hilarious; especially since no one seems to want to give a third to my nomination of And Another Thing. The Amazon reviews seem to be saying that Jasper Fforde is to literature as Douglas Adams is to science.
I concur that Jasper Fforde is to literature what Douglas Adams is to science, but while I was able to read and enjoy the latter, I just cannot get into the former - and boy have I tried.
cearbhallain is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2010, 09:11 PM   #183
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
What time tomorrow do the polls close?
Huh? Poll is not even up yet,
per the first post:

The nominations will run through Mar 26.
Voting (new poll thread) will run for 5 days starting Mar 26.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:15 PM   #184
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Huh? Poll is not even up yet,
per the first post:

The nominations will run through Mar 26.
Voting (new poll thread) will run for 5 days starting Mar 26.
Yes, I meant when do the nominations end. Does that mean tomorrow night at midnight, EST? After all, we are an international community!
Old 03-25-2010, 09:19 PM   #185
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes, I meant when do the nominations end. Does that mean tomorrow night at midnight, EST? After all, we are an international community!

Oh, Nominations........ when we get 10 choices or time expires. I guess if we are an international community then the end of the day would be the End of Days. And you know what that means, right?

Advert
Old 03-25-2010, 09:44 PM   #186
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cearbhallain View Post
I concur that Jasper Fforde is to literature what Douglas Adams is to science, but while I was able to read and enjoy the latter, I just cannot get into the former - and boy have I tried.
I just downloaded a sample to check out. I'm a huge fan of Adam's Hitchhiker series, but I know nothing of Jasper Fforde except for the reviews I've read this week at Amazon.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:58 PM   #187
kennyc

Quote:
I just downloaded a sample to check out. I'm a huge fan of Adam's Hitchhiker series, but I know nothing of Jasper Fforde except for the reviews I've read this week at Amazon.
Tom I just checked out the sample for "The Erye Affair" I love the way it starts and will use my last an final vote to Third it!

Ben? Where's my special prize?
Old 03-25-2010, 10:07 PM   #188
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Tom I just checked out the sample for "The Erye Affair" I love the way it starts and will use my last an final vote to Third it!

Ben? Where's my special prize?
Then I'll give my final nomination to Candide by Voltaire.

And that's my final answer.

Candide gets my third and final vote!

Ea, my avatar wants your avatar's phone number!
Old 03-25-2010, 11:10 PM   #189
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
OK, nominations are closed.

The poll is posted:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78370

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:08 AM   #190
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Ea, my avatar wants your avatar's phone number!
A virtual phono no. for Tom of the Beach: (558)555-0137!

Last edited by Ea; 03-26-2010 at 04:12 AM.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:52 AM   #191
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post

Now you two behave youselves! There is voting to be done in the morning!
Old 03-26-2010, 09:19 AM   #192
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
Wow! I wasn't expecting a physics joke!

Ea, you are full of surprises!
Old 03-26-2010, 09:21 AM   #193
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

I think my avatar caught a plane to Denmark.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 03-26-2010 at 11:01 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:34 AM   #194
kennyc

Quote:

Old 03-26-2010, 11:55 AM   #195
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:

I didn't see that coming! Interesting...

I merely just carefully selected a movie phone number
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote