Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-09-2010, 02:34 PM   #1
Scott Nicholson
Scott Nicholson, author
Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Indie author/publisher Haunted Computer Books

Hi, I've been here a few days but just now found this forum on the bottom of the page! I am Scott Nicholson and author of eight books, but only recently joined the ebook universe. I absolutely love it! For the first time in my life, I feel like I've found my place instead of being 20 years ahead or behind.

My books are out at Amazon and Smashwords:
The Red Church http://tiny.cc/SMAKb
ASHES http://tiny.cc/BGihE
FLOWERS http://tiny.cc/4jtUc
THE FIRST http://tiny.cc/BcCL5
BURIAL TO FOLLOW http://tiny.cc/WemOU

I've also started Haunted Computer Books to publish some great writers I know, and releasing the original novel THE SKULL RING on March 1. Also working with Ghostwriter Publications in the UK to get each of our works across the pond. I hope you'll follow our misadventures at hauntedcomputerbooks.blogspot.com. If you like free reads, we also have a Microchip club where we send advance copies if you help us plug the works. We believe in working-class fiction at working-class prices! Thanks for your interest.

Scott Nicholson
Scott Nicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:03 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Scott and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2010, 03:09 PM   #3
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Name:  Wooden_welcome.gif
Views: 317
Size:  11.6 KB to Mobileread, Scott.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:45 PM   #4
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hi Scott . Welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:24 AM   #5
Darqref
space cadet
Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket PRO, gen3, Pocketbook360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Nicholson View Post
Hi, I've been here a few days but just now found this forum on the bottom of the page! I am Scott Nicholson and author of eight books, but only recently joined the ebook universe. I absolutely love it! For the first time in my life, I feel like I've found my place instead of being 20 years ahead or behind.

My books are out at Amazon and Smashwords:
The Red Church http://tiny.cc/SMAKb
ASHES http://tiny.cc/BGihE
FLOWERS http://tiny.cc/4jtUc
THE FIRST http://tiny.cc/BcCL5
BURIAL TO FOLLOW http://tiny.cc/WemOU

I've also started Haunted Computer Books to publish some great writers I know, and releasing the original novel THE SKULL RING on March 1. Also working with Ghostwriter Publications in the UK to get each of our works across the pond. I hope you'll follow our misadventures at hauntedcomputerbooks.blogspot.com. If you like free reads, we also have a Microchip club where we send advance copies if you help us plug the works. We believe in working-class fiction at working-class prices! Thanks for your interest.

Scott Nicholson

When you "send your books across the pond", please pay attention to regional contracts. It would really be a pain for the fact that you have a new partner somewhere else in the world to mean that your US based ebooks can't be sold to users in that part of the world. Non-exclusive ebook rights! If your new partner wants to sell an ebook version, let them sell it world-wide too.
Darqref is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2010, 03:48 AM   #6
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Hello Scott and welcome to MobileRead. I'm sure you will get a lot out of this forum!
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:35 PM   #7
Scott Nicholson
Scott Nicholson, author
Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Absolutely, Dark Ref. As a publisher, I only ask for non-exclusive rights and with termination available at any time for any reason. This industry is changing way too fast to be tied down--and as a working-class writer, I have to be the fairest publisher on the planet. In other words, treat my writers the way I want to be treated.

I just put up the first Ghostwriter Publications book by Guy N Smith. But it's set up so they can take over at any point in the future, because I predict these artificial electronic walls will soon collapse, too, especially as major publishing devolves.

Scott Nicholson
http://hauntedcomputer.blogspot.com
Old 02-12-2010, 10:44 PM   #8
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi & welcome to MR. Thanks for posting the links to your books. Will check em out (eventually but my TBR just getting away from me). Very interesting that you actually love eBooks - would be interesting to hear what other authors have to say.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:51 PM   #9
Scott Nicholson
Scott Nicholson, author

more books, more readers

Yes, Katti's Cat, the best thing to come of the e-reader revolution is that people are acquiring and reading more books than ever, and also in genres or categories they wouldn't have otherwise tried. This keeps me very hopeful.