Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-29-2009, 10:15 PM   #1
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
Favorite place to read?

I just returned from camping in the Sierra mountains in California. Redwoods, Giant Sequoias, mountains and all that. My new "favorite place to read" is in a gently swaying hammock in the mountains, listening to the river rushing by and hearing the air rustling through the trees.

Damn! Now I want to go back!
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:21 PM   #2
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angst View Post
I just returned from camping in the Sierra mountains in California. Redwoods, Giant Sequoias, mountains and all that. My new "favorite place to read" is in a gently swaying hammock in the mountains, listening to the river rushing by and hearing the air rustling through the trees.

TAKE ME WITH YOU I'll be quiet

I also love to read in bed, and I read alot at my girlfriends college which can be nice as long as its not elections week.

I plan on going to the park alot this summer and reading and hanging out.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2009, 01:30 AM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I like to sit out on the patio and listen to the water fall into the pond as I read.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0092-D.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	334.7 KB
ID:	30087 Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0091.jpg
Views:	550
Size:	342.9 KB
ID:	30088
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 01:33 AM   #4
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I like to sit out on the patio and listen to the water fall into the pond as I read.

Attachment 30087 Attachment 30088
Cool. No ponds here, although I could go to one of the nearby parks and listen to the Swans and ducks while I read, especially since it's bloody gorgeous today

My preffered reading spot is in bed, before I nod off.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:54 AM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
North Shore, Tortola (BVI). We stayed for a week there this past January and I really liked sitting on the terrace by our room, reading and listening to the surf and the occasional pelican diving for lunch.

Off to Hawaii this week so the above is subject to change
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2009, 09:58 AM   #6
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angst View Post

Replace mountains with flat land, river rushing by with... hmmm... skip that part, and the trees with, well, trees! You'll have our backyard, and I love to read in our hammock. We only need an a-frame so we have more choices where to put it (there's only one place where we can hang it right now, and that's underneath the tree. Which is fine in summer, but rather cool when the wind is picking up or when the air is still fresh)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:36 PM   #7
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
I'm content with a large comfy chair, or sometimes a booth at McDonald's.
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 04:37 PM   #8
bertold
Connoisseur
bertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it is

Device: iRex iLiad v2, Onyx Boox Note 3
My favourite place to read is usually around page 50.
bertold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 04:39 PM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertold View Post
My favourite place to read is usually around page 50.
excellent point!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 04:44 PM   #10
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i'd like to meekly request permission to come visit angst, dreams, and sweetpea, so that some of those places could become my favorite places to read. my current favorite places to read include my bed, my comfy chair, cafés, and the park when the weather is nice. nothing near so exotic as theirs. i did really enjoy reading in a transat chair in my friend's parents back garden when i visited them last summer (southwest coast, near cap ferret). maybe i should claim that as my favorite place... but i suspect my friend already has.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 04:50 PM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How about floating in a pool, with the temp of maybe 101 F.,

(Yes thats really me). We can fill the caddy with whatever your heart desires......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pool Float.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	30102   Click image for larger version

Name:	pool caddy.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	30103  
Old 05-30-2009, 04:52 PM   #12
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
How about floating in a pool, with the temp of maybe 101 F.,

(Yes thats really me). We can fill the caddy with whatever your heart desires......
but... but... but... what if i drop my liseuse ???????
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 04:53 PM   #13
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
but... but... but... what if i drop my liseuse ???????
We'll put it in a baggie......silly girl.
Old 05-30-2009, 04:55 PM   #14
bertold
Connoisseur
bertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it is

Device: iRex iLiad v2, Onyx Boox Note 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
(Yes thats really me)
In that case, you should change your nick to dessertgrandma.

See what I did there?
bertold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 04:57 PM   #15
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertold View Post
In that case, you should change your nick to dessertgrandma.

See what I did there?

Silly boy. I love newbies. They are so easy to fool!!!