Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-21-2005, 12:49 PM   #1
pinkduckies109
Allie
pinkduckies109 began at the beginning.

Device: allie
new movies

has n e one seen Constantine? i want to see it but i want a reveiw first. i saw boogey man, it was soooo stupid! ppl don't see it it wasn't scary at all and this is coming from a girl wha thought 'It' was scary! so yea know how it is message me about constatine and if u thyought any new movies sucked or they were good......
pinkduckies109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 09:30 PM   #2
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I haven't seen Constantine yet, but it looks interesting so I'll make the effort, I think.

I must admit, I'm a bit jaded with horror/suspense films. Having my teen years in the 80's, I saw _all_ the old scare flicks (like the Halloweens, Friday 13th, Elm Street movies, etc). It all made me quite immune to that sort of scare now... I watch them for amusement more than anything else, if at all.

Having said that, there's always another film around the corner which can still give me chills..... Blair Witch Project really scared me, it left me disturbed for days, and The Ring was another that broke through that jaded feeling... most of the time I'm just disappointed, though.

Craig.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2005, 11:46 PM   #3
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
Well regarding constantine...I don't think that it's scary at all...doesn't look scary seems more like suspense to me. Ebert and Rouper gave it two thumbs down by the way. I agree with cbarnett about being jaded when it comes to scary movies I too was conditioned by the scary movies that he speaks about. i do agree that the rind and the blair witch totally scared the crap out of me. Another movie that still scares me when my stupid sister makes the noise that the monster makes is the grudge...I would say the grudge is one of the scariest movies ever, next to the exorcist that is.
Zire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 11:54 PM   #4
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I haven't seen the grudge yet, but based on your opinion, I will check it out.

Craig.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 02:47 AM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I am going to see Hide & Seek... Robert Di Nero is one of my favorite actors, so this is a personal must-see
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2005, 09:05 AM   #6
pinkduckies109
Allie

Unhappy the grudge sucked

i just saw the grudge for the first time the other day. Sarah Michelle Gellar did an excellent job. Yes i might say miyself that it was a little scary. But I personally think it was a knockoff of 'The Ring'. Which was the scariest movie I've ever seen. So to all those people who want to see 'The Grudge' it was a good movie but not that scary.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:06 AM   #7
pinkduckies109
Allie

The whole time i was in that house i felt something was wrong.-Sarah Michelle Gellar
The Grudge
Old 02-22-2005, 09:16 AM   #8
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Grudge wasn't scary, but my girlfriend absolutely refused to watch the movie with me
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 09:58 AM   #9
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
I still have to see Dark Water (Japanese version). There's a Hollywood remake coming out later this year. Actually, the Hollywood remakes aren't that bad. I thought The Ring was better than the original Ringu. Purists will disagree with me of course. Looking forward to The Ring 2. Anyway, these type of movies really get under your skin and that's what makes them good.

I haven't seen any recent movies in quite a while. Still have to catch up with last year's releases: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Collateral, Aliens vs Predator, The Village, Hellboy, Spiderman 2.

Constantine, BTW, doesn't look interesting. Keanu Reeves looks nothing like the character from the original comics series. I'm sure it's better than Alone in the Dark, though.
Laurens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 10:26 AM   #10
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Laurens, of the list you mentioned, Collateral is my favorite - make sure to start with it first when you're catching up.
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 10:39 AM   #11
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
The village sucked big time...Spiderman2 was good...Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind didn't see it but want to...Collateral real good movie...Aliens vs Predator was okay...Hellboy didn't see it but want to...sorry for so many ...
Zire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 10:43 AM   #12
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was ... well, weird. Perhaps it was only my IQ which is below the required threshold for properly understanding the meaning of this movie.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 10:52 AM   #13
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Thanks everyone, I think I'm going to rent Collateral this weekend.
Laurens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 07:19 PM   #14
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was ... well, weird. Perhaps it was only my IQ which is below the required threshold for properly understanding the meaning of this movie.
I think Eternal is a good movie. It was written by the same guy who wrote Being John Malkovic, which was a lot of fun to see.
Eternal is not that good, but still, is good to see Hollywood taking chances with "weird" scripts.
Francesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 07:40 PM   #15
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
Quote:
Originally Posted by zire71man
The village sucked big time
If you read any of the reviews, a good percentage of them directly attributed the inspiration for "The Village" to the War in Iraq, and how our current administration is/was handling the issue...

Think about the movie in that context, it makes perfect sense. I'm not sure if M. Night Shyamalan specifically used that as his inspiration, but its eerie how disconnected, and similar the two actually are.
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote