Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-26-2014, 02:19 PM   #631
juan_carlos
Enthusiast
juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle PW3, Kindle 4
I found an error in newest nightly build(1217) on PW2. In epub files in text size menu I could use the increase and decrease options, but couldn't choose a size from the predefined ones, because it rebooted the kindle. It happened in more books, even after restarts. The problem is not there in build 1181.
Other problem is, that after OTA update, KOReader crashed. I updated, and after that it was unuseable. When I tried to open any books, it just flashed, and nothing happened. After the first time, I completely reinstalled koreader, and so it was fine for like a day. After the next update, the same happened again.
juan_carlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 03:02 PM   #632
mrevent
Zealot
mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: kindle 3w, dxg, 5, Kv
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
Refraction: As long as there is no easy way to even parse them, let alone lookup & other things, support for azw dictionaries is probably not coming up soon.
Sorry, I haven't even installed KoReader yet, but was checking the dictionary feature first (so this may be already widely known and redundant to repeat): One can convert .azw dictionaries to .mobi and they work without any problems (in my case) in the kindle system. Maybe KoReader can do that... (or maybe it is already "doing that", well...)
mrevent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 04:11 PM   #633
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by juan_carlos View Post
I found an error in newest nightly build(1217) on PW2. In epub files in text size menu I could use the increase and decrease options, but couldn't choose a size from the predefined ones, because it rebooted the kindle. It happened in more books, even after restarts. The problem is not there in build 1181.
Other problem is, that after OTA update, KOReader crashed. I updated, and after that it was unuseable. When I tried to open any books, it just flashed, and nothing happened. After the first time, I completely reinstalled koreader, and so it was fine for like a day. After the next update, the same happened again.
Is this on the PW2?

From what firmware version (that worked) to what firmware version (that did not work)?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 04:43 PM   #634
rafalele
Enthusiast
rafalele began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi.

In my device, PW1, the OTA update does not work. After detetecting a new version, now I am at 1213 and detects 1217, and pressing Ok to update, it takes a few seconds to report an error updating KOReader and suggests to delete temporary files.

It has been the same procedure for at least the last two releases.

By the way, in the 1213 version, every time I wake up the device, the KOReader has been closed and wakes up in the base kindle desktop. I always use KOReader into the framework using the first KOReader option in KUAL. I have found the next text in crash.log file:
./luajit: frontend/device/generic/device.lua:79: attempt to call method 'refresh' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
frontend/device/generic/device.lua:79: in function 'outofScreenSaver'
frontend/ui/uimanager.lua:79: in function 'handler'
frontend/ui/uimanager.lua:426: in function 'run'
./reader.lua:138: in main chunk
[C]: at 0x0000bde5

I have seen that this version, 1213, is not available anymore in the releases page. I return to 1181.

Thanks in advance.
rafalele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 05:09 PM   #635
juan_carlos
Enthusiast
juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Is this on the PW2?

From what firmware version (that worked) to what firmware version (that did not work)?
PW2, yes. 1181 surely worked, and after that were all these problems.
Old 11-26-2014, 05:59 PM   #636
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by juan_carlos View Post
PW2, yes. 1181 surely worked, and after that were all these problems.
No, not that - the Amazon Firmware Version:
Quote:
Other problem is, that after OTA update ...
**THAT** version change please.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 06:06 PM   #637
juan_carlos
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
No, not that - the Amazon Firmware Version:

**THAT** version change please.
Amazon FW is 5.4.5.1.
On KOReader everything was fine on 1181, and after that came all these problems, however I'm not quite sure exactly when, because I installed like every 3rd OTA update. But 1213 and 1217 had problems, that is sure.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:09 PM   #638
juan_carlos
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafalele View Post
Hi.

In my device, PW1, the OTA update does not work. After detetecting a new version, now I am at 1213 and detects 1217, and pressing Ok to update, it takes a few seconds to report an error updating KOReader and suggests to delete temporary files.

It has been the same procedure for at least the last two releases.

By the way, in the 1213 version, every time I wake up the device, the KOReader has been closed and wakes up in the base kindle desktop. I always use KOReader into the framework using the first KOReader option in KUAL. I have found the next text in crash.log file:
./luajit: frontend/device/generic/device.lua:79: attempt to call method 'refresh' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
frontend/device/generic/device.lua:79: in function 'outofScreenSaver'
frontend/ui/uimanager.lua:79: in function 'handler'
frontend/ui/uimanager.lua:426: in function 'run'
./reader.lua:138: in main chunk
[C]: at 0x0000bde5

I have seen that this version, 1213, is not available anymore in the releases page. I return to 1181.

Thanks in advance.

I had the same problem with these releases, but after some time I was able to update(~5th time maybe)
Old 11-27-2014, 03:09 AM   #639
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
When surfing the nightly releases, chances are that versions may be broken. After all, they are automatically generated, with code changes that are tested on 1-3 devices mostly. Sometimes, things will break. The good news, however, is that we are preparing a designated "stable" release.

And don't let me discourage you: All testing of the nightlies is highly appreciated! But e.g. the crash that @rafalele talked about was fixed within hours of the corresponding nightly build. Most of the time it's not really worth discussing such bugs here in this forum, as the development is more fast-paced as the discussion here in the forum. Reporting bugs is fine, though. Although we prefer them in the issue tracker on Github, of course, but if you don't have a Github account and don't want one, then we happily notice your reports here! But be aware: Some things might get lost in a long discussion thread like this. For such matters, an issue tracker is really an improvement.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 04:14 AM   #640
rafalele
Enthusiast
rafalele began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thank you Hawhill.

As you say, now in version 1219, the bug of the 1213 version is fixed. Since now I will wait to have the next nightly release to report any bug.
rafalele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 08:20 AM   #641
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's an option, too :-) But as I said, we're happy about every report!
Old 11-28-2014, 07:43 AM   #642
goldencore
Enthusiast
goldencore began at the beginning.

Device: PW 2 FW 5.4.5.1 (JB)
I am on 1219 with a PW2 with firmware 5.4.5.1

When I open a pdf in Koreader and try to change the font size everything freezes and I have to reboot the Kindle.

Another question: I downloaded some dictionaries in stardict format and put them in the dictionary folder (3 files for every dictionary). How do I use them? If I long press a word Koreader always tells me "no definition found"
goldencore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 09:06 AM   #643
hawhill
Wizard

How do you start KoReader? Via KUAL? Larger font sizes will lead to larger areas to render, which might lead to memory issues. Not so sure about that. Is this reproducible with other PDFs?

As for the dictionaries: Well, that would be exactly the way to use them. I'm a bit at loss now.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:54 PM   #644
goldencore
Enthusiast
goldencore began at the beginning.

Device: PW 2 FW 5.4.5.1 (JB)
It happened on two pdf files. I will try some more.
Yes, I start Koreader via KUAL. It's not that it freezes, when I select a larger fontsize, I can't even choose a size, because nothing is selectable once I enter that menu.

I will have to look into the dictionaries issue once more (I am not at home right now.)
goldencore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 07:39 AM   #645
lachomir
lachomir began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 2
Updates are unnecessary.
Font change not working. Kindle restart. IQ koreader autors is 80-90 ?

Last edited by lachomir; 11-29-2014 at 07:41 AM.
lachomir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, koreader, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch