Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 03-24-2009, 10:49 PM   #1
onerubberducky
onerubberducky began at the beginning.

Device: Sony reader 505
Just received today, quite impressed with screen...

My first impression is just how readable the device is. The lighting is very good, I wonder if the idea could be updated, larger screen with card expandable memory, more advanced technology. Bet it could give Kindle and Sony a run for their money.

I think my Mom will like it quite a lot.
onerubberducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:23 AM   #2
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Cool! Let us know how your mom likes it.
I have a sony 505 but think the ebookwise is a dandy machine
from what I have read about it.
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2009, 04:35 PM   #3
onerubberducky

I have the 505 as well. I think because of the backlighting my Mom will be able to read it easier than the 505 which I orig bought for her. Certainly for the price of the ebookwise it is very nice (I paid 69 dollars).
Old 03-25-2009, 04:45 PM   #4
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Did it take all of the books you were preparing for it?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:34 PM   #5
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
My wife and I are addicted to teh 1150's. If my PRS 700 ever comes back from Sony I'll just be listing it on ebay. Much as I like the e-ink screen, the ebw1150 is just more handy. Less fragile, amazing software, perfect button placment. Even longer lasting battery (When lights are on on teh 700).
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2009, 10:02 PM   #6
onerubberducky

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Did it take all of the books you were preparing for it?

Have not tried yet, I just love playing with almost legacy hardware

Dial up internet? What's that?

Will be trying tomorrow.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:00 AM   #7
250 Coupe
Groupie
250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch

Device: Many ebook readers at my house
Quote:
Originally Posted by onerubberducky View Post
My first impression is just how readable the device is. The lighting is very good, I wonder if the idea could be updated, larger screen with card expandable memory, more advanced technology. Bet it could give Kindle and Sony a run for their money.

I think my Mom will like it quite a lot.
There is a big brother to the ETI-2, AKA the eBookwise 1150. It's the ETI-1.

16-bit Color VGA, 10baseT Ethernet, Compact flash instead of SmartMedia.

http://www.ebooktechnologies.com/devices.htm

You can find them on eBay as the GEB2150 and Rocket1200. If you ask ebooktechnologies real nicley, they might sell one even if you are not in the military or a corporation. Someone on the Yahoo EBW1150 group got one this way but it cost more that $400. I didn't care for the one I had, it wouldn't fit in my lunch box and was akward to prop up for hands free reading.

Michael
250 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote