Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-04-2007, 06:11 AM   #31
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by noxxle
The fine print says "Credit card will be applied to your Sony Card account 8-12 weeks after your first purchase." What does that mean? Do i have to purchase something and THEN wait 12 weeks to get the 100 credit? It also says "Account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment" Does that mean I cannot cancel this card until at least 12 weeks have past? When you click the "apply now" button there is a note on the bottom of the page that says "Transaction fee for balance transfers: 3% of the amount of each transaction, but not less than $5.00 nor more than $75.00." Can someone explain this balance transfer fee to me? sounds kind of shady..
This is all perfectly standard stuff.

It just means that if you transfer, say, $500, from another credit card they'd charge you (ie add to your balance) 3% of the total being transferred, which is $15 - ie you'd end up with a balance of $515. They're saying that there's a maximum transfer fee of $75 (so if you transferred $5000 you'd owe $5075), and a minimum transfer fee of $5 (so if you transferred $20, you'd owe $25).

8-12 weeks after you first buy something with the card, they'll credit you with $100.

As I say, all perfectly normal stuff. Nothing "shady" about it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:27 PM   #32
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Quote:
Originally Posted by noxxle
The fine print says "Credit card will be applied to your Sony Card account 8-12 weeks after your first purchase." What does that mean? Do i have to purchase something and THEN wait 12 weeks to get the 100 credit? It also says "Account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment" Does that mean I cannot cancel this card until at least 12 weeks have past? When you click the "apply now" button there is a note on the bottom of the page that says "Transaction fee for balance transfers: 3% of the amount of each transaction, but not less than $5.00 nor more than $75.00." Can someone explain this balance transfer fee to me? sounds kind of shady..
I received my $150 credit almost immediately and paid off the remainder of the balance before it even accrued any interest. As for cancelling the card right away... I don't think that would be a prudent move, if by some chance you need to apply for credit or a loan somewhere and they see you keep applying, using, and cancelling cards, you might get disapproved (not to mention, too much of this style of action cannot be too good for your credit rating). Granted while I probably own too many CC's as it is, I think responsible use and management of the accounts is what really matters.
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert