Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-14-2009, 12:05 AM   #1
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Did anyone watch Dexter tonight? [Spoiler Alert]

Man I was really shocked with the ending. Probably because I liked Rita and just didn't expect them to kill her off. Great season -- way better than last years.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:14 AM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Dexter's Laboratories? I love that cartoon!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2009, 09:36 AM   #3
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm sure you already know Sweetpea, but Dexter on Showtime. And then again, I do like cartoons too.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:51 AM   #4
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
I'm sure you already know Sweetpea, but Dexter on Showtime. And then again, I do like cartoons too.
No, I only know Dexter Laboratory... But I presume it's a series? That would explain some things I've read at other places...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:11 AM   #5
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
No, I only know Dexter Laboratory... But I presume it's a series? That would explain some things I've read at other places...
It's a series based on the book Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2009, 11:24 AM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
It's a series based on the book Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay.
I did not know that. Thanks!
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:07 PM   #7
Daithi
Publishers are evil!

It's about a serial killer than kills bad guys. I didn't think I was going to like the series, but I've found it to be pretty good. Really disturbing when you like the serial killer.

But alas, it looks like no Dexter fans on MobileRead.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:13 PM   #8
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
It's about a serial killer than kills bad guys. I didn't think I was going to like the series, but I've found it to be pretty good. Really disturbing when you like the serial killer.

I'm a fan. It's just that I wait for the DVDs.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:24 PM   #9
dogsballs
Zealot
dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony psr-505
books are great read four when on holiday recently. now i hear rita's dead! cant believe it but the story with the kids it probebly made sence to kill her off
dogsballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:03 PM   #10
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I watched the first two seasons of dexter but no longer have showtime. Wanted to read the books and will be reading the first this week while sitting on the beach.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:15 PM   #11
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Quote:

I'm a big fan! It's almost a ritual to watch Dexter every mondays after dinner. Superb series.

That means I didn't watch the last episode yet, so I've been spoiled. I shouldn't have clicked.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:36 PM   #12
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
I heard only first season follows the first volume closely. From second season on, series producers took the series in different direction that the book author took the book.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:54 PM   #13
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
What an ending! I hope there will be a 5th season, but if not, this would be a great series finale.

Michael C. Hall and John Lithgow discuss the season finale of Dexter:

http://www.sho.com/site/video/bright...id=57029257001
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:13 PM   #14
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Dexter's Laboratories? I love that cartoon!
♪ In Dexter's Laboratory, lives the smartest boy you've ever seen. But Dee Dee blows his experiments to smithereens! ♪
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:01 PM   #15
Billjr13
Addict
Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 700 & 650
Dexter seasons 1 and 2 on DVD now books 1-4 available too. The show is fun and great charaterizations. They don't follow the book story line from the books much at all but I enjoy both. I think the show is better! Rare for me as I almost always like the books over the movies. Maybe it is because with a whole season there is lots of time for story and character developement. Book 4 Dexter by Design was deffinitly the weakest of the series by far; I have re-read the first two books a couple of times and would recomend them to any crime novel fans.
Billjr13 is offline   Reply With Quote