Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 06-25-2005, 01:39 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Mobipocket V4.9 released

Mobipocket Reader has been updated to Version 4.9. The upgrade of the Pro version is free for 4.8, 4.7, 4.6 and 4.5 licensed Reader Pro users. What's new:
  • Support of VGA screens and full compatibility with Windows Mobile 2003 SE
  • More complete support of JavaScript and support for ASP and RW databases
  • Auto-scrolling stops where you are instead of jumping to the next page
  • Setup program for PalmOS devices is simpler (no need to specify resolution or colors)
  • Rendering of frames in content is faster
  • Various bug fixes
Thanks to Jason for the heads up!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 09:02 AM   #2
gmc
Reader
gmc began at the beginning.

Device: X50v
Bit disappointing tho´
Unless I'm doing something wrong I'm not all that impressed with the way the new update displays the fonts especially in comparison with e-Reader or even pocket informant.
I use Venetian 301 (a Centaur True Type clone) or Berling antiqua - these fonts look amazing in VGA - but not really with the Mobipocket update...
Regards, Geg Church
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2005, 09:09 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Greg, these two fonts you mention look really pretty. I am afraid they are not available for free, are they?
Old 06-26-2005, 10:08 AM   #4
gmc
Reader

fonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
Greg, these two fonts you mention look really pretty. I am afraid they are not available for free, are they?
Alexander,
I think the berling font was installed together with Microsoft Reader.
If you've installed Reader on your PC it might be there.
Berling was created by created by Karl-Erik Forsberg and to my mind a Swedish export easily on par with SAAB or Volvo.
Not sure if Venetian (centaur) is free or not... can't figure out how to send attachments in private messages - if you send me a private message with your e-mail adress I'll send the TT files to you for 'testing'
Cheers, Greg
Old 06-26-2005, 10:51 AM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Thank you Greg.
Advert
Old 06-28-2005, 02:22 AM   #6
gmc
Reader

New beta 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc
Bit disappointing tho´
Unless I'm doing something wrong I'm not all that impressed with the way the new update displays the fonts especially in comparison with e-Reader or even pocket informant.
I use Venetian 301 (a Centaur True Type clone) or Berling antiqua - these fonts look amazing in VGA - but not really with the Mobipocket update...
Regards, Geg Church
Spoke to soon.
There's a new Mobipocket beta available (5.0)
http://www.mobipocket.com/dev/beta/w...obile.asp?ID=1
Looking really good so far....
Greg