Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-25-2013, 12:54 PM   #36256
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
When are you signing up for the Ironman Triathalon? I'll sponsor you. Just imagine getting to wear a T-shirt with my picture on it. Isn't that inspirational?

Stitchawl
I could go swimming later. That would be two out of three. I can't see what would motivate me to run, though. If a madman were coming at me with guns blazing, I'd duck; but I'd have to give serious thought as to whether dying's worse than running.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:19 PM   #36257
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OH NO!!!

I won't be going swimming today. We had a rather kick-ass storm last night, and it seems to have demolished our pool!

Sorry about the poor quality of the picture. My camera's on the fritz, also. The flash flashes after the picture takes, and the lightness and color are both off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pool oh no.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	484.5 KB
ID:	108562  
Old 07-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #36258
Williamlk
Guru
Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I just finished eating leftover Chicken Parm. Whew! It seemed like a good idea at the time.Whew, I feel like a blob now! lol
Williamlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #36259
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
OH NO!!!

I won't be going swimming today. We had a rather kick-ass storm last night, and it seems to have demolished our pool!

Sorry about the poor quality of the picture. My camera's on the fritz, also. The flash flashes after the picture takes, and the lightness and color are both off.
Sorry for your loss, but at least the dogs have easier access now. Look on the bright side!
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #36260
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Well, here's some good news, at least. The camera's not messed up after all. After replacing the double A batteries and the little disk batteries, I discovered the roll dial was on the wrong setting. Dumb a$$! Well, here are some pictures. Click to enlarge any of them:

The pool:

Name:	IMG_1012.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	108563

The bathroom door that Crystal ate that's now held together by duct tape until I get up the gumption to replace it:

Name:	IMG_1015.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	1,002.2 KB
ID:	108566

Something just for poohbear_nc. This is a friend of ours who was sharing some of the pool real estate to make their home. (That's my hand in the picture, as I knew pooh would like the extra touch.)

Spoiler:

Name:	IMG_1013.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	678.0 KB
ID:	108564

Name:	IMG_1014.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	676.7 KB
ID:	108565
Old 07-25-2013, 01:41 PM   #36261
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggle View Post
Sorry for your loss, but at least the dogs have easier access now. Look on the bright side!
That's true! At least until my wife and ex-daughter-in-law get together and "go junking".
Old 07-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #36262
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
I could go swimming later. That would be two out of three. I can't see what would motivate me to run, though. If a madman were coming at me with guns blazing, I'd duck; but I'd have to give serious thought as to whether dying's worse than running.
I agree on the running. I always to refuse to run to get on a train/bus/underground/tram, I'd rather wait for the next.

I'm currently surround by a cacophony, on one side at a neighbour a baby has been crying for over half hour at the top of her/his lungs. Probably as a protest a neighbour on the other side has turned his/her music very loud and a bit further away someone has a barbeque party in their garden.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:11 PM   #36263
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Something just for poohbear_nc. This is a friend of ours who was sharing some of the pool real estate to make their home. (That's my hand in the picture, as I knew pooh would like the extra touch.)

Memo to self: Do NOT open spoiler tags that are labeled 'just for poohbear'!

She does look just like the spider I 'adopted' last year ..... although I never held hands with her ....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #36264
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post

Memo to self: Do NOT open spoiler tags that are labeled 'just for poohbear'!

She does look just like the spider I 'adopted' last year ..... although I never held hands with her ....
As a kid I loved those things. I used to let them crawl all over me, spinning webs as they went (did they think they'd caught a really big bug?). These are our famous "writing spiders". According to legend, if they write your name in their web, that means you're going to die. Personally I don't see that as much of a trick, as everyone dies sooner or later. Now if whoever's name they wrote in their web was guaranteed NOT to die, that would be something!
Old 07-25-2013, 06:47 PM   #36265
Wayoutwilly
Enthusiast
Wayoutwilly doesn't litterWayoutwilly doesn't litter

Device: Bookeen Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I agree on the running. I always to refuse to run to get on a train/bus/underground/tram, I'd rather wait for the next.
I'm not sure if you guys read The Oatmeal, but his last post is just about running and why he does it. It is funny as always, but also reveals that deep inner truth like only he can. http://theoatmeal.com/comics/running
Wayoutwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:20 PM   #36266
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
A 'cool front' moved through last night - and dropped the humidity levels back into bearable figures - so I had a long after dinner walk tonight - without a heat stroke!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:57 PM   #36267
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Sorry about your pool and your door. I hope they are easier to fix than my plumbing botch-up.

As for running for trains... In Japan, you ALWAYS see people running for trains and buses. And if you are on a schedule you always see the SAME people running for trains and buses every day. Which I could never figure out... The trains and buses follow such a punctual schedule that you can set you watch to their timing. Just leave the house two minutes earlier and don't run. Or... because of their frequency, wait the three minutes for the next train.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:29 PM   #36268
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
OH NO!!!

oh noes!!!! whatever is poor Norton to do!? he'll be wandering the block with his water wings looking for a pool party!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:11 AM   #36269
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
oh noes!!!! whatever is poor Norton to do!? he'll be wandering the block with his water wings looking for a pool party!
That makes a wonderful 'Far Side Cartoon' image inside my head... I just need a caption!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:04 AM   #36270
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
He's brokenhearted. Although to be sure, he gave up the life vest some time ago; or more accurately, I got tired of fighting with him to get him into it. He really didn't need it, anyway. He's a good swimmer.

Crystal still won't go in the water.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Pool 001 Norton.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	108585  

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?