Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-27-2014, 07:06 AM   #541
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmjoshi View Post
The connect to folder menu is greyed out.
Might be that Calibre just can connect to one device (or folder) at a time.
So it should be available again when you disconnect your Kindle.
This is actually how I do it, I connect to a folder on my computer, then I use the Windows utility robocopy to sync this folder to my two Kobos.
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:45 AM   #542
mmjoshi
Connoisseur
mmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
Might be that Calibre just can connect to one device (or folder) at a time.
So it should be available again when you disconnect your Kindle.
This is actually how I do it, I connect to a folder on my computer, then I use the Windows utility robocopy to sync this folder to my two Kobos.
Finally got this working Amongst many things I tried, I guess what worked for me was deleting all the epub and djvu books from the device and the Calibre library and added them back. Of course I added these formats to Kindle supported formats as suggested by NiLuJe. Another thing I tried was to delete metadata.koreader as suggested by WS64. Also, added the path /mnt/us/ to the SEARCH_LIBRARY_PATH in defaults.lua and defaults.persistent.lua.

Now everything works perfectly well almost The only problem I am facing now is the following:

1. I search for books using the FM search books command. It finds the books correctly and can even open them.
2. However, if I try to use the search command again, the FM exits and comes back to KUAL. Just a minor nuisance

Anyway, thanks to the excellent support I received from the forum members
mmjoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2014, 11:06 AM   #543
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@mmjoshi: 2. looks like a crash. What's in koreader/crash.log?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 12:22 AM   #544
mmjoshi
Connoisseur
mmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchfork

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@mmjoshi: 2. looks like a crash. What's in koreader/crash.log?
@NiLuJe these are the contents of crash.log. Hopefully, this gets fixed soon

./luajit: frontend/apps/filemanager/filemanagersearch.lua:331: bad argument #1 to 'gmatch' (string expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'gmatch'
frontend/apps/filemanager/filemanagersearch.lua:331: in function 'find'
frontend/apps/filemanager/filemanagersearch.lua:227: in function 'close'
frontend/apps/filemanager/filemanagersearch.lua:198: in function 'callback'
frontend/ui/widget/button.lua:154: in function 'action'
frontend/ui/uimanager.lua:270: in function 'checkTasks'
frontend/ui/uimanager.lua:296: in function 'run'
./reader.lua:207: in main chunk
[C]: in function 'dofile'
./koreader-base:22: in main chunk
[C]: at 0x0000bd75
Old 08-29-2014, 12:07 PM   #545
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Undocumented PDF viewer options in nightly Kindle builds

While testing the PDF viewer I stumbled upon the following undocumented options whose function is not obvious from the context:

1. Settings > Writing Direction > LTR, RTL, TBRTL

What does TBRTL do?

(Note that the Document Language option is flush with the left screen border. Ideally, all options should be moved a couple of pixels to the right. Or simply shorten Document Language to Language.)

2. Page Crop > manual, auto, semi-auto

What's the difference between the auto and semi-auto options?

(Note that the auto and semi-auto buttons partially overlap each other.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	crop_semi-auto.png
Views:	248
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	127453   Click image for larger version

Name:	direction_TBRTL.png
Views:	259
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	127454  
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2014, 04:41 PM   #546
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
@NiLuJe these are the contents of crash.log. Hopefully, this gets fixed soon

./luajit: frontend/apps/filemanager/filemanagersearch.lua:331: bad argument #1 to 'gmatch' (string expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'gmatch'
frontend/apps/filemanager/filemanagersearch.lua:331: in function 'find'
frontend/apps/filemanager/filemanagersearch.lua:227: in function 'close'
frontend/apps/filemanager/filemanagersearch.lua:198: in function 'callback'
frontend/ui/widget/button.lua:154: in function 'action'
frontend/ui/uimanager.lua:270: in function 'checkTasks'
frontend/ui/uimanager.lua:296: in function 'run'
./reader.lua:207: in main chunk
[C]: in function 'dofile'
./koreader-base:22: in main chunk
[C]: at 0x0000bd75
I can't confirm this, neither on the emulator nor on my Kobos.
I can search as often as I want, no problems at all...
Old 08-29-2014, 05:30 PM   #547
Ebri
Groupie
Ebri began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura HD
Yesterday pressing "browse tags" caused also a crash for me on PW2 (I returned back to the list of books view, with no refresh, when I touched the unchanged screen, one of my books was revealed and opened.) Shoudl I search for logs, or this feature is yet experimental?
Ebri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:50 PM   #548
mmjoshi
Connoisseur

Quote:
I can't confirm this, neither on the emulator nor on my Kobos.
I can search as often as I want, no problems at all...
On my Kindle Touch, this happens very consistently . Do you need any more information to identify the problem?

Any other users of Kindle Touch having this issue?
Old 08-30-2014, 02:30 AM   #549
WS64

@mmjoshi, do you use tags in Calibre?
If your metadata.koreader file (in the temp dir) is not too big, can you zip it send it to me in PM? Then I can try searching with your book-data.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:31 AM   #550
WS64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebri View Post
Yesterday pressing "browse tags" caused also a crash for me on PW2 (I returned back to the list of books view, with no refresh, when I touched the unchanged screen, one of my books was revealed and opened.) Shoudl I search for logs, or this feature is yet experimental?
A crash will exit Koreader completely, not go back to the File Manager. So I don't think there really was an error.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:09 AM   #551
WS64

I got mmjoshi's file. But I still am not able to reproduce this issue. So I guess it is Kindle-related. I am afraid I can't help at all here.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:41 AM   #552
mmjoshi
Connoisseur

Quote:
I got mmjoshi's file. But I still am not able to reproduce this issue. So I guess it is Kindle-related. I am afraid I can't help at all here.

Oh shoot, that's bad. Hopefully some of the Kindle experts can help.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:37 AM   #553
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Oh shoot, that's bad. Hopefully some of the Kindle experts can help.
There is more than one model called a: "Kindle Touch" here.

Start by giving us the first four characters of your serial number and the version of the firmware you are running.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:54 PM   #554
mmjoshi
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
There is more than one model called a: "Kindle Touch" here.

Start by giving us the first four characters of your serial number and the version of the firmware you are running.

The first 4 characters of the serial number are B011 and the firmware version is 5.3.7.2.
Old 09-06-2014, 02:31 PM   #555
ssholloway
Connoisseur
ssholloway has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ssholloway has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ssholloway has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPhone6, iPadMiniRetina, KindlePW3, KoboGloHD
Question KOReader OTA on Kindle PW2

I've tried to update to the latest nightly build (688) using the OTA option in filemanager. I get the prompt to verify I want to update to 688, then the message about the download taking some minutes. After a short time, the downloading message disappears but when I check the version installed, it still shows the older one (605). I also don't see the OPDS menu that should be in 688 so it's clear the OTA update didn't work. The header of the koreader-kindle-latest-nightly.zsync file says 688 so it appears the update was downloaded, just not applied. I also tried using the update koreader option in KUAL after doing the OTA download but that says there is no update file. I'm sure I'm missing something but I can't figure out what it is. I manually updated to 688 so I can't recreate the problem until there is a newer nightly. Thanks.
ssholloway is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, koreader, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch