Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-27-2013, 11:27 AM   #1
sabik13
sabik13 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
How to transfer files for free through wi-fi

Hello I just got myself a Kindle Keyboard with no USB connection for my pc. Is there a way to transfer your own books or .txt files to Kindle Keyboard through wi-fi without paying?
sabik13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:32 AM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Send the documents via email to your Kindle's free email address: yourkindle@free.kindle.com. The kindle.com email address should be on the Manage Your Kidle devices page. If you have a 3G Kindle, you have to use the free.kindle.com address. If you have a wi-fi only Kindle, you can just use the regular kindle.com address, since they only charge if files are delivered via 3G. Even if they charge, it's only .15 / megabyte, which isn't very much. Most ebooks are far less than a megabyte in size.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2013, 12:35 PM   #3
Edward_R
Zealot
Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Pacific Northwest (about 35 miles northeast of Seattle)
Device: K3 / HP 10" Tablet (FBreader Installed)
You can also use the "Send to Kindle" app on your PC and send files via wireless for free.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/sendtokindle
Edward_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:46 AM   #4
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I second the send to kindle app. I almost never connect my Kindles to the computer anymore. I just select which books I want to send and do it via my wireless connection through my modem.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #5
VaultBoy
Addict
VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle of many shapes, PIPBoy 3000
Between "send to Kindle" and the every now-and-again email method... I rarely connect mine to the PC.

Unless it's time to clean house and do a big batch at once.
VaultBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2013, 04:19 PM   #6
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultBoy View Post
Between "send to Kindle" and the every now-and-again email method... I rarely connect mine to the PC.

Unless it's time to clean house and do a big batch at once.
The only time I connect my Kindle (or my Fire) is when I have to charge the battery. Otherwise, it's all "Send to Kindle" right click, "Send to Kindle" Chrome add-on, and email to Kindle through my Kindle email addy (both with Calibre and direct email). It's pretty much the best feature of the Kindle for me!
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:05 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Why do you say "no USB connection to my PC"? Is the USB port on the Kindle not working?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:40 AM   #8
Snowflame
Snowflame began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Is there a way to send books downloaded using Calibre wirelessly to you Kindle?
Snowflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:10 AM   #9
kindleuzer
Enthusiast
kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: PW, K3 Kbd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflame View Post
Is there a way to send books downloaded using Calibre wirelessly to you Kindle?
Sure, just have Calibre email them to your kindle address.
kindleuzer is offline   Reply With Quote