Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-06-2010, 05:28 AM   #1
Helen Smith
Zealot
Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
The Miracle Inspector - dystopian thriller

My first two books, Alison Wonderland and Being Light had fantastic reviews in the UK press - The Times, Times Literary Supplement, Guardian, Independent, Time Out, etc. - when they were first published.

When they went out of print I published them as ebooks. This has been such a positive experience that I have published a new ebook: The Miracle Inspector.

The Miracle Inspector is a darkly comic thriller set in the near future. England has been partitioned, poetry has been driven underground, theatres and schools are closed, and women are not allowed to work outside the home. A young couple try to flee from London with disastrous consequences.

It's in the Kindle store in the US and in the UK.

DRM-free, TTS enabled in the Kindle store. The print edition runs to 252 pages. Thanks for checking it out.

Last edited by Helen Smith; 05-08-2011 at 11:08 AM.
Helen Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:11 PM   #2
Helen Smith
Zealot
Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Helen Smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have had some great customer reviews for the book over at Amazon.

The book has also been favourably reviewed at the I Work for Books review blog and the Kindle Books Reviewed blog.

Last edited by Helen Smith; 02-24-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:21 PM   #3
Helen Smith
Zealot

I have reduced the price to 99 cents on Amazon.com, 70p on Amazon.co.uk.

I'm intrigued to know whether a price drop will boost sales.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:02 PM   #4
Helen Smith
Zealot

I have put a video of me reading a short excerpt from The Miracle Inspector on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMqFMu6_WTo
Old 05-01-2011, 01:29 PM   #5
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
No mention of Smashwords. Many, if not most, of us do not own kindles and/or do not buy at amazon.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:36 PM   #6
Helen Smith
Zealot

There's no mention of Smashwords because I don't publish my books at Smashwords. They are available in epub versions through the Book Depository and other online stores. I can't self-publish on the Nook as I don't have a US bank account which is a prerequisite for publishing there. No doubt that will change in due course and then I will be glad to publish there.

My books are DRM-free via Amazon. I believe some people buy ebooks there and convert them via Calibre to other formats. If you don't like buying from Amazon then your opportunities to get hold of my books are limited. Please DM me if you'd like to read The Miracle Inspector and I'll send you a free copy in whatever digital format suits your ereader.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:13 AM   #7
Helen Smith
Zealot

In case there are others, like Richard, who would like to read my books but don't want to buy from Amazon or the Book Depository, you can now get them in any digital format for your ereader direct from my blog: http://helensmithblog.blogspot.com (look for the panel on the right hand side of the page).

After you buy the book using PayPal, I will send you an ebook in any format by email. If you don't see the format you want, let me know. I can send you just about any version of the book you're likely to need for your ereader.