Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-10-2011, 02:25 PM   #1
bwith41
bwith41 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Help Question re: 7.48 weirdness (to me)

Since upgrading to 7.48, when i bring in a new epub book and wish to convert to mobi and send to kindle I find the following occurs:
1. Job #1 occurs that lasts 4 to 5 seconds. No file is sent
2. Resending results in Job #2 which appears (shows a correct mg number) to send the file
3. Sent files arrive less than 50% of the time - but sometimes they do arrive.
4. I send to myname@free.kindle.com or to a friends kindle email using their assigned kindle email where I have been registered on their amazon kindle account as a valid sender.

The system has worked reliably in the past but the short "job" and unreliable receipt of the files has started with the 7.48 upgrade.

I would appreciate help. my email address is bwith@lisco.com

BTW, Kudos to kovid. This is a great service. And, i am an enthusiastic contributor and promoter.
bwith41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:14 PM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Moderator Notice
Moved thread to appropriate subforum.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2011, 10:10 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There have been no changes in 0.7.48 in the email subsystem. Look at the logs for the jobs (double click on the job to see its log), that should tell you what's happening.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote