Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-04-2007, 08:09 PM   #1
BCCISProf
Enthusiast
BCCISProf began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500, Nook
How to save images in rtf files

I have several .rtf files, containing jpg images. Each time I move them into the Connect Reader, the images seem to disappear.

Any suggestions about what I am doing wrong?
BCCISProf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:29 PM   #2
taralon
Enthusiast
taralon has learned how to buy an e-book online

The reader does not currently support inline images for the RTF format.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCCISProf
I have several .rtf files, containing jpg images. Each time I move them into the Connect Reader, the images seem to disappear.

Any suggestions about what I am doing wrong?
taralon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:48 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Presently your only option is to convert your RTF to a sized PDF, or to an LRF (there are a number of apps around here for that purpose).

Sony has a guide for creating PDFs formatted for the Reader's display, and naturally, there is a lot of discussion of that topic around MobileRead.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:02 PM   #4
acantha
acantha began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
Presently your only option is to convert your RTF to a sized PDF, or to an LRF (there are a number of apps around here for that purpose).

Sony has a guide for creating PDFs formatted for the Reader's display, and naturally, there is a lot of discussion of that topic around MobileRead.
i've had trouble finding apps to convert rtf to lrf with any smoothness. what are you using?
acantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:30 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I'm using RTF.

Around MobileRead there're, um ... well .... Ah, igorsk posted a list a while back.

Great guy, that igorsk.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote