Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-08-2014, 08:37 PM   #466
rracoon01
Connoisseur
rracoon01 began at the beginning.

Device: android tablets
Wanted: CLI command

Here is one more vote for the idea of a CLI command to use the Generate Covers plugin. I have a batch file that creates a number of catalogs and as things stand right now, I have to manually create the covers for each; a separate and manual step in an otherwise automated process.

It seems simple enough (from my limited point of view). The syntax would look something like:

generate-cover bookID# savedsettingsname

Please and thanks
rracoon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:21 AM   #467
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by rracoon01 View Post
I don't seem to be able to include today's date in the content of my cover without first creating a custom column [program: format_date(today(),'dd MMM yyyy')] first. Why can't I just use {today()} in the content?
Try {:'format_date(today(), 'dd MMM yyyy')'}
Quote:
Of course I also don't want it the same type size as the rest of the content so if anyone has any thoughts on that too; please.
You can specify 'type size' for Custom in the Fonts Tab

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2014, 03:13 PM   #468
rracoon01
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Try {:'format_date(today(), 'dd MMM yyyy')'}

You can specify 'type size' for Custom in the Fonts Tab

BR
Many thanks. I sure didn't spot that in the Template tutorial anywhere.

The font size question was that I want different font sizes for different parts of the Custom Text.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:27 PM   #469
Dyspeptica
Enthusiast
Dyspeptica began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
rracoon01
You may find that it will be easier to create the covers outside of calibre. That's what I ended up doing. I posted the guts of a script which can handled any number of title elements using 'convert' from ImageMagick on page 30 of this thread. Then again, I am creating 13,500 individualized covers.
Since each element is created separately you can specify font, font sizes, color etc. and overlay everything on a background image.
This process slides around some of the limits of the plugin in dealing with long titles etc.
Dyspeptica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:52 AM   #470
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
The font size question was that I want different font sizes for different parts of the Custom Text.
Sorry no that is not possible with this plugin - it is for quick and simple cover generation, and I have no interest in trying to extend it further that way.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2014, 08:33 AM   #471
rracoon01
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyspeptica View Post
rracoon01
You may find that it will be easier to create the covers outside of calibre. That's what I ended up doing....
Thanks, I will look into that.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:43 PM   #472
Vaesse
Zealot
Vaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I'm not sure if it's just a weird glitch, but when I try to set the left margin, it seems to effect the right margin instead. Right margin seems to work properly. If it's just me, any ideas how to fix?

Last edited by Vaesse; 03-30-2014 at 09:46 PM. Reason: EDIT: Not editing right margin AND left margin... editing right margin ONLY.
Vaesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:08 PM   #473
DandalfTheWhite
DandalfTheWhite began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethN View Post
if I'm using custom text to pull info from a custom column (long text, like comments, not shown in tag browser), how do I get the plugin to use the "normal" view rather than the "html" view of text?

example:

what I want -

Shalia’s Diary is a Clans of Kalquor story, delivered in journal entries written by the heroine, Shalia Monroe.

what I end up getting on the cover -

<p>Shalia’s Diary is a Clans of Kalquor story, delivered in journal entries written by the heroine, Shalia Monroe.</p>

any help would be appreciated. thanks.
This is an old comment, but I didn't see an answer in the following pages. Is it possible? I'm still having this issue now with the HTML tags.

Thanks!
DandalfTheWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:22 PM   #474
Vaesse
Zealot
Vaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
And my issue is still in effect. Still can't modify the left margin.
Vaesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:22 PM   #475
eosrose
Enthusiast
eosrose began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
I posted a plea for troubleshooting directly to the forum before I realized this thread was probably the best place for it. Sorry!

Anyway, I have a bug where I selected a font that made the plugin freeze. I had to force close the plugin and now whenever I try to open the plugin, calibre freezes. I can't unselect the font and I can't recall the font name, so I'm at a bit of a loss. Uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin (multiple times) hasn't helped.
eosrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:53 PM   #476
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eosrose View Post
I posted a plea for troubleshooting directly to the forum before I realized this thread was probably the best place for it. Sorry!

Anyway, I have a bug where I selected a font that made the plugin freeze. I had to force close the plugin and now whenever I try to open the plugin, calibre freezes. I can't unselect the font and I can't recall the font name, so I'm at a bit of a loss. Uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin (multiple times) hasn't helped.
I already answered your other post - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...19&postcount=2

If you inadvertently post something in the wrong place (we all do it from time to time) then report the post and ask a mod to rectify, the report button is to the right of the karma button under your name. Double posting contravenes the Board's Posting Guidelines ==>> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/faq...ing_guidelines

BR
Old 07-08-2014, 04:01 PM   #477
fxp33
Addict
fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD, kindle paperwhite
Italic in titles

Hi all,

Some time ago, I questioned this forum about the way to do Italic in the title.

I think the answer was ... No possible.

Coming back at the problem with a new eye, I opened the georgiai.ttf in fontforge and saved it in ttf after having given a new name in the "name" properties.

(Element > Info fonte > PS Name > Family Name)

I installed the new font (named "Georgia Italic") in windows, as any font.

After restarting Calibre, the "only italic" Georgia font was in the font list of the generate cover plugin, just under the normal Georgia

That's it!!!

Hope it helps,

Regards

François
fxp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:39 PM   #478
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
FYI, I am not kiwidude and this isn't my plugin. But I'm trying to help out by porting some of the plugins I use regularly while kiwidude is busy.

Attached is a test version that should work for both the existing 1.X calibre and the upcoming 2.X version calibre. 2.x will use PyQt5 which requires changes to virtually all plugins.

This version needs to be tested with the existing calibre.

Brave souls to test with with the beta 2.X version would also be appreciated. Links to the 2.X beta and discussion of the transition (for plugins) can be see at: Attn plugin developers: calibre moving to Qt 5.

Updated Jul 10 for a slightly better version--should be an internal only difference that isn't noticeable.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 04-03-2015 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete test versions - replaced by newer test or released version.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:24 PM   #479
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Thanks JimmXinu

did some simple tests on 1.200 portable and 1.33 portable, no problems.

Tested on 1.43 64 install version with my real libraries - no problems

I'm only testing the features I use - I don't test exhaustively.

Psst - Import List ?

BR
Old 07-10-2014, 07:35 PM   #480
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Thanks, BR.

FYI, I've updated the zip on the earlier post for a slightly better version--should be an internal only difference that isn't noticeable.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 07-10-2014 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Add the word 'updated'--makes more sense then.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote